The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lying in public life: the Scott Morrison formula > Comments

Lying in public life: the Scott Morrison formula : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 15/11/2021

Prior to heading to Glasgow, Morrison, having done his bit of crossdressing on the climate change front, was coy. He refused to reveal the modelling that went into the fabulous predictions of net-neutral utopia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I cannot stand Morrison, but I take exception to the claim that he "finds the truth a creature best beaten, shunned and ignored" based on the unprovable claim of a foreign president and anti-Australia wackjobs like Malcolm Turnbull and Anthony Albanese. Without proof, none of us knows whether or not Morrison has lied to anyone about anything. He is a blithering dud, value-free PM, but that doesn't make him a liar. Nor does comparing him with that first class idiot, Barnaby Joyce, hardly a paragon of virtue, and certainly not a person Kampmark would normally use as a yardstick.

Anyone taking the part of non- Australians against their own leader is traitorous trash in this dangerous, nasty world, no matter the frailty of that leader.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 November 2021 7:34:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree ttb, a silly article.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 15 November 2021 8:10:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What did you expect from Binoy Kampmark ? Unbiased sense ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 15 November 2021 8:15:46 AM
Before I start, could I say that I am a man from the Hard Yakka tribe, my preferred personal pronoun is "he", I admit I am standing (sitting) on aboriginal land, and I regard my own race as baby stealers who are going to turn the Earth into something resembling Venus.

Scott Morrison was quite a good and popular Prime Minister among the intelligent and productive people of Australia for quite a long time. It is only natural that Binoy does not like him, as Binoy is an advocate for the low intelligence, unproductive, even counterproductive members of Australian society. Betcha Binoy cheered on senile Biden and the "Defund the Police" morons in the USA?

That being said, Scott Morrison is becoming a disappointment. The man who walked into parliament with a great big lump of coal in his hand, who hilariously told Labor and Greens MP's "not to be scared", has now jumped ship on climate change. I think it is because he realised that too many western leaders have become devotes to this new climate cult, and so many of them are willing to drink the Green Kool Aid to self suicide their own economies. Without President Trump to lead the world in opposing this HIGW Giain nature religion, Scotty did not want to feel like a heretic.

Scotty also back flipped on the question of mandatory vaccinations. I don't mind politicians changing their minds, but what I do mind is politicians doing just that without explaining why. To back flip on any subject without explanation is to invite the charge that politicians will say anything if they think they can get some electoral mileage out of it, and they will shift their position whenever they feel a shift in the winds, as revealed by the usually inaccurate pollsters.

That being said, I give as much credibility to the rest of Binoy's anti Morrison and anti Australian rants as I did the claim that covid-19 originated in a Wuhan wet market, or the plainly ridiculous charge that Trump won the presidency by colluding with Russia.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 15 November 2021 8:17:44 AM
Of course all politicians have to lie, its part of the game.
Election campaigns are based on manipulative lies.

But some politicians specialize in the "art" form of lying and deceit. Such is of course the case with Scotty from Marketing - its in his DNA.

That having been said check out the preliminary references to the new unpublished book by Bernard Keane titled Lies and Falsehood The Morrison Government and the New Culture of Deceit.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 15 November 2021 9:50:50 AM
has now jumped ship on climate change.
LEGO,
I don't think that's right. What he did say all along & rightly so is, that no matter what Australia does it has no impact on the Global scene. What he is doing now is to appease those who want to crucify him for whatever he does, but are too incompetent to contribute positively themselves !
As long as humans are refusing to accept what the REAL PROBLEM is pollution will continue !
Stop breeding like rabbits & don't give those who do Baby bonuses !
They want to out-breed the West with the West's help & as long as the idealist West keeps bailing them out they'll succeed in turning the Globe into a rubbish dump.
Posted by individual, Monday, 15 November 2021 11:31:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy