The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why what our kids are taught could be a vote changer > Comments

Why what our kids are taught could be a vote changer : Comments

By Graham Young, published 12/11/2021

Education wasn't an issue because it was under-resourced, it was an issue because of progressive agendas like Critical Race Theory, and radical Gender Theory, being force-fed to kids.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Nice article.

It is an interesting time with education.

My own experience in the 1990s with university, especially looking back, is that the subject matter was pretty tame in terms of depth and complexity.

Employed in the sector, I felt the situation was even worse with regard to most so-called professors.

I have a 12 year old daughter who scores above (outside) the top category of the Naplan test, so I am interested to see how her education of key issues like race and inequality play out over time.

All I can do at this stage is tell her that each issue has many perspectives, and that solutions to race and even global warming are complex and not issues that are easily fixed.

Fortunately her fascination with the Soviet Union and communism has mellowed somewhat recently with a few lessons of its many shortcomings.

As for CRT, I find it to be another simplistic theory that does not really explain much, but serves a particular agenda seeking to rewrite history.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:05:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indoctrination at school is the domain of Labor !
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:28:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good piece as retired ₩Prof of energy. It is the university education that frightens me. TODAYD Profs are interested in career an fame. They also have become polarised and largely left wing. When I got my first post lecturing there were great multi day week discussions from all sides of an issue. If I did now what I did then. I would be sacked for insabotdination.
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:30:15 AM
A very good article, I found myself nodding in agreement as I read it. The statement you make that "Parents know more about their child's education now than they did before the pandemic" is spot on and the Liberal Party needs to strike while the iron is hot, before we all go back to a 'normal' existence. CRT is an interesting theory to explore at tertiary education levels but has no role in guiding educational outcomes for Australia's youth.
Posted by Nigel from Jerrabomberra, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:32:29 AM
Meanwhile back in the good old days of the fifties when I was "educated" beginning in primary school everyone was brainwashed (especially later on by TV) to accept their proper place in the one-dimensional world of Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver and the The Saturday Evening Post the one-dimensional zombified state of the thus mass-produced normal dreadfully sane every-person was accurately described in the song Little Boxes by Malvina Reynolds - Little Boxes Made Out of Ticky Tacky, Little Boxes All the SAME.

In one way or another we were also taught by popular comics, story and history (his-story) books that the white man was born to rule. Back in those days we celebrated Empire Day - rule Britannia, Britannia rules the seas - blah blah blah.

On TV, in particular the only "good" American Indian was a dead one, the darkies were more of less sub human and only fit to serve their white-skinned "superiors", so too with the China men. As far as I remember I never ever saw a white skinned serving either a darkie or a china-man, except perhaps as part of the missionary project to bring Jesus and "civilization" to the godless heathens or barbarians.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:54:31 AM
Daffy Duck,

yes, in a lot of ways you are right.

I just feel education should be a constant evaluation of our strengths and weaknesses as we progress.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 12 November 2021 8:59:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy