The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can the churches save our closest neighbour from a total COVID catastrophe? > Comments

Can the churches save our closest neighbour from a total COVID catastrophe? : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 15/10/2021

Nothing better illustrates this than the reality that just over 200,000 people out of an adult population of six million has received one vaccination - with probably no more than 50,000 fully vaccinated.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Churches are supposed to be concerned with morality, not social justice or politics - and certainly not health. PNG is an independent nation, not an Australian protectorate. This obsession with Australia running PNG is ridiculous.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 October 2021 9:30:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not just Drs and nurses who can give an injection in the upper arm, but defence force personal. Australia and NZ have some excellent field hospitals that work out of marquee tents. And could be deployed in hours?

And landed on the ground inside a few days and manned with fully vaccinated personal? We can also donate millions of Astravinica doses and start getting them into arms ASAP! I do not know how we could do more!

I would not give more money without a full account of where the previous aid has gone?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 15 October 2021 10:36:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Papua New Guinea has had a total of 266 deaths from covid. This compares with Australia's 1,507. Deaths per million in PNG are 29 compared with Australia's 58. PNG is number 186 on the list of the worlds 200 countries for deaths per million compared with Australia's 169. I think they are doing just fine without the vaccines and without our assistance.
If we did wish to help them though we should be looking at the methods used in India to crush its recent wave of covid. IE early treatment with ivermectin, doxycycline, and a bunch of nutraceuticals. This is affordable and is designed to reduce both spread of the disease and hospitalization of those affected. Additionally, the PNG people do not want to be vaxxed. That is their right.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Friday, 15 October 2021 12:42:36 PM
ttbn,

<<Churches are supposed to be concerned with morality, not social justice or politics - and certainly not health.>>

You are reading the wrong Bible. The real one states:

31 ‘When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 ‘Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was ill and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”

37 ‘Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you ill or in prison and go to visit you?” (Matthew 25:31-39). (continued)
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 17 October 2021 7:03:24 AM
ttbn,

40 ‘The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

41 ‘Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was ill and in prison and you did not look after me.”

44 ‘They also will answer, “Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or ill or in prison, and did not help you?”

45 ‘He will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.”

46 ‘Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life (Matthew 25:40-46 NIV).
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 17 October 2021 7:04:34 AM
ttbn,

<<Churches are supposed to be concerned with morality, not social justice or politics - and certainly not health.>>

This is the concern of churches as indicated by Jesus' last words: 'Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age’ (Matthew 28:19-20).).
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 18 October 2021 7:06:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy