The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia’s new ASEAN farm worker visa hits snags > Comments

Australia’s new ASEAN farm worker visa hits snags : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 14/10/2021

Pacific Island governments are also critical of the ASEAN scheme as they see the scheme taking potential jobs of the existing Pacific Islands labour pool.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Get Australian bludgers working. No work. No dole.

Good on the Malaysian government for preventing their people from joining this back door immigration scheme, and getting their own locals to work in their own country, just as the Australian government should be doing. Australia would import workers from a country that is itself importing workers! Idiotic!
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 October 2021 9:37:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There would seem to be a lot of malicious misinformation around this subject, especially from some mischievous Malaysian advocates, who have never forgiving us for our involvement in shutting down the CT movement in Malaysia?

With friends like that? Who needs enemies? We need to crack on with robot research! So we can replace all imported farm labour with robots. None of who will complain! Or play partisan politics with this issue, for squalid domestic political purposes?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 14 October 2021 9:48:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was surprised to see an air conditioned coach parked in a large orchard. That was after a contingent of Pacific workers was flown in by charter plane then put up in quarantine for a fortnight. Did the farmer pay for all that? I suspect it was a government agency. The farmer donates thousands to political parties then gets millions back.

The idea is that the guest workers return to their home country in the off season. I suspect policies will allow permanent settlement and family re-unions along with several other channels of backdoor immigration. The costs then expand to include government welfare, health and education. I notice many orchards are being redesigned for machine picking perhaps to reduce the labour requirement.
Posted by Taswegian, Thursday, 14 October 2021 11:55:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy