The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Covid hysteria based on lies, propaganda and ignorance > Comments

Covid hysteria based on lies, propaganda and ignorance : Comments

By James Allan, published 7/10/2021

All the Covid hysteria around most of the democratic world, and especially in Britain, New York state, Canada and here in Australia, is driven by two main things.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Just in my lifetime, global population has ballooned from a barely-manageable 2.5b to nearly 8b. No virus can be expected to cut through that.

COVID is only a temporary diversion. Soon the humans can fully revert to emoting about UN "sustainable development" and "net zero".
Posted by Steve S, Thursday, 7 October 2021 7:24:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good to see this excellent article reproduced by ONO. Here is my unpublished letter to The Australian to support Prof Allan: The Editor The Australian 2Oct21 Dear Ed
Thanks to Professor James Allan for writing, and to The Australian, for publishing, such a lucid summary 'Covid hysteria built on ignorance, propaganda and incompetence' (02/21). It is no mere co-incidence that registered deaths from the 'flu dropped to zero in Australia last year, while those attributed to Covid rose accordingly. Norway has woken up to the fact that Covid should be treated as the ‘flu has been in past years, and removed pandemic restrictions. Maybe now church services including births, marriages and deaths may be accorded the same freedom of association as football teams, and masks, the unhealthy barriers to both communication and the oxygen needed to support healthy bodies, will soon be just a passing phase of mandatory madness in the panoply of human progress.
Posted by John McRobert, Thursday, 7 October 2021 7:52:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Most people" have been told, many times, that for 99.7% of them, Covid is a mild inconvenience. But, most people appear to enjoy being scared silly and pushed about by tinpot dictators who are making the most of the opportunity to act like little Stalins, Hitlers or Xis.

Models? Yes. What a joke. The same things that are also used to frighten people with climate change and ruin Western economies.

Australia, or rather its political class, is having more international opprobrium heaped on it every day.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 October 2021 8:12:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All and sundry will probably ignore John McRobert's mention of the fact that nobody seems to have died of influenza since Covid. People have always died of common influenza: over 3,000 in 2017. What a think bunch Australians are.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 October 2021 8:26:17 AM
On 7 News in Adelaide last night, the idiot reading it advised that Premier Marshmallow could be 'giving us an early Christmas present' by opening the borders. Giving us something that is not Constitutionally his to give or take away! Be good boys and girls, and the nice master will allow you to have freedoms that have always been your right to have.

Ditto repeato - Australians are a thick bunch, and an embarrassment to millions of sheep.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 October 2021 8:38:58 AM
Covid hysteria!? WTF? I cannot see this animal!

What I did see was incompetence and complacency! And a she'll be right attitude, from the extreme right! Who clearly were able to avoid looking at the death rate mass graves in, let her rip, municipalities!

I get that those on the far right, believe that the economy trumps health outcomes!

For myself, I have only been able to register for a jab! Given supplies, of vaccines, have just arrived in our town!

If the alleged non-evident hysteria had been an actual event, then we could have had these supplies a year ago!? And up to 95% of the vox pop fully vaccinated!

I'll agree that there has been propaganda and ignorance! As some from the extreme right, sought to ever downplay the pandemic?

And others champing at the bit to get the economy up and running in a cart before the horse imperative! And turned us into NY!

What has been forever missing from this narrative, has been island quarantine and effective antivirals now in glacial speed development? Where adequate funding would have seen clinical trials many months ago and in some of the poorest nations on earth where the outcomes would have reduced transmission to us by an incalculable number!

And island quarantine would have meant, no shutdown would have been required? particularly if we incorporated rapid tests and home testing?

And were the above been the management paradigm, it probably would have revealed that there are three or four times more infected than official reporting and the probable source of all the mystery transmissions?

And had the preferred management paradigm been installed? Then most of the case numbers would have been completely avoided and the domestic economy going nonstop gangbusters! And an outcome only prevented by abysmal ignorance and the usual cage-rattling propaganda from the far-right/neo Nazis/white supremists/lunatic fringe!
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 7 October 2021 9:42:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy