The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > McLellan's glorious ride from Jumble Plains to eternity > Comments

McLellan's glorious ride from Jumble Plains to eternity : Comments

By Greg Bondar, published 6/10/2021

Tony McLellan’s fascinating and inspirational story is as exceptional as the man himself. From the Australian bush to some of the great and palatial places in the world, and from sorrow to faith, this is a story not to miss.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Greg,

You wrote of Tony McLellan: <<Difficult as some of us may find it to surrender to faith, I share Tony’s conviction that we must not shirk from the gospel’s message or try to soften its edges.>>

What do you consider are some of the Gospel's edges we are tempted to shirk or soften?
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 10:21:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are Christians and "Christians" Those who talk a good "Chrisitan" and those who live their faith through deed and action!

Were Jesus to walk among us today? He would be out there not only denouncing those on the right and businessmen who save their Christianity for Sunday morning then come Monday, went right back to the political sleaze or selling deathtrap rust buckets to kids or exploiting the great unwashed for every centavo that could be squeezed from their miserable lives!? But going on the public record as completely opposed to the right-wing side of politics?
As indeed he has!

Simply put, professing Christian fellowship does not necessarily make one a true Christian any more than wrapping oneself in the national flag makes one a true patriot! But ore likely a con artist out there betraying the trust of fellow citizens?

We need to judge others by the content of their character not the spruik of the political spin doctor and the boosters! Nor the chest-thumping from the front, [look at me, look at me,] or pulpit pounding!

I did not know the gentleman, but, I believe, his involvement in a right-wing party does not fly, I believe, with genuine Christian fellowship as preached by, an ultra tolerant, Jesus?

Who would be in many of today's boardrooms with his whip and his fury at the actions of some so-called (yapity yap, blah, blah) Christians?

Eternity is a very long, long, long time! I hope the gentleman is now in heaven and deserved good company, to enjoy it!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 6 October 2021 11:10:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At the end of the day, it is what is in your heart that truly matters!
And being able to look back at the man in the mirror, the only one who knows what is in your heart and the only one you cannot lie to, who is your judge on your final judgement day!

I hope Mr McLellan can truly declare, I was a good and faithful servant! Rather than, just another devious and deceitful politician/or greed is good, Businessman?

Been there, done that. Didn't score particularly well! Ain't no saint! But given a second chance to make a difference! Trying, but it ain't easy from where I am now.

But I'll continue to tell it how I see it! And apologise to all I may offend or have offended!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 6 October 2021 11:35:40 AM
Alan B,

<<At the end of the day, it is what is in your heart that truly matters!>>

How does one feed the heart? The Book of Proverbs states, "For as he thinks within himself, so he is" (Prov 23:7a).

You and I are products of what we think about. If we think on that which is good, pure and lovely, that will influence how we act in life.

<<I did not know the gentleman, but, I believe, his involvement in a right-wing party does not fly, I believe, with genuine Christian fellowship as preached by, an ultra tolerant, Jesus?>>

That says a lot about your "spin" on life.
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 1:06:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy