The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So, here’s a real agenda to take to the next election > Comments

So, here’s a real agenda to take to the next election : Comments

By Tony Abbott, published 4/10/2021

To be effective, a government should identify the problems it wants to tackle, specify what it will do about them, implement relevant policies, then carry a majority of the public with it.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"Scrapping the national curriculum, cutting back immigration, restoring super to you, building coal-fired power, no new spending, getting nuclear subs and making government simpler: here's a series of specific steps that would make our country stronger, our citizens freer, and our government smaller and more accountable."

Those are the most important things.

I just wonder how much of what is needed would have been done if Tony was still Prime Minister. Remember 18C?
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 October 2021 10:08:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see Tony Abbott's learned nothing.
I can't say I'm surprised.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 4 October 2021 10:22:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Back then we were a great country let down by a bad government"
He is obviously speaking personally.
Posted by ateday, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:13:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree in principle. Parties need to take principled positions and stay with them! And the only way to stand for something! Enough of running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, politics! Or the political straightjacket of idealogical imperatives!

Like the nonsense of labor, ruling out nuclear power, because it's not labor policy! And when asked for a logical reason, no matter how the question was framed, simply repeated the same, Polly want a cracker, response!

And the abysmally ignorant Greens going bananas when someone suggests that carbon-free nuclear power was the cheapest, cleanest, safest, most effective way of addressing climate change! And demonstrably true!

And that nuclear power is, cheaper than coal, Super fuel/green energy MSR thorium! Thorium is four times more abundant than uranium and the most energy-dense material on the planet! Just 8 grams of thorium which would cost around $100.00 to mine and refine, would power your house and car for 100 years, without the need to refuel!

That my friends, is just one dollar a year! And the reason why the entire fossil fuel industry and big nuclear stands four-square against it! And the extremely efficacious very low-cost medical spinoffs, is the reason big pharma is also in that opposition camp!

Only the very real lack of political integrity, makes that asinine, obtuse opposition possible and effective!?

Gone are the days when pollies would take that question on notice! Nowadays some will address a question by replying, I've already addressed that question, i.e., by simply refusing to give anything like a credible, or relevant response! Just more mumbo-jumbo, jelly-back, Polly waffle!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 4 October 2021 11:19:17 AM
Cutting back immigration? Yeah right. Under Abbott, Permanent Migration continued at record (Gillard) levels of 190,000. Net Migration also continued at very high levels.

As Abbott must also know, Morrison and Albanese are agreed on a Net Migration plan of an insane 235,000, every year, post COVID.

If he really wants to do voters a favour, he should break ranks with the elite, and come out strongly against this destructive agenda before the federal election. Not just in OLO, but like, on the front page of The Australian or the Financial Review.
Posted by Steve S, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:34:36 AM
Perhaps the last chance we had to get it right, but he was white anted from with in. It showed the stupidity of OZ, & the Libs at the time that he was replaced by that clown Turnbull. Given a free hand, he would have cleared much of our swamp, but they won again.

The ultimate stupidity he was toppled by an elite snow skier, rather than someone who might know which way is up.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 4 October 2021 12:19:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy