The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mandatory vaccination is a human rights violation. A gross violation > Comments

Mandatory vaccination is a human rights violation. A gross violation : Comments

By Graham Young, published 4/10/2021

In my view, it is in the top tier of breaches – much worse than infringements on free speech, but not as bad as conscripting someone to war (the most serious breach I have seen).

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
It is also unconstitutional, but politicians don’t worry about such old fashioned nonsense these days. Besides, they can say, ‘Well, no. We can’t make you take any medication, but we can stop you from doing certain things if you don’t”. Dictator Dan has said that certain workers will not be able to work after 15th. October unless they are vaccinated. LBGT airlines won’t fly you anywhere if you are not vaccinated.

Although I am vaccinated, I agree that vaccinate-or-else is another attack on our freedoms arising from the OPPORTUNITY of Covid. Covid is an opportunity to attack freedoms on a grand scale. Just ask Prince Charles.

I am happy that I’m vaccinated, and because I am vaccinated, I don’t have to worry about those people who are not. If I did have to worry about them, their would be no point in my vaccination.

Both government-capable parties have behaved abominably during Covid. But it looks as though we will have a couple of different options at the next election.

Good article Graham. Thankyou.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 October 2021 10:02:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, Graham. But I disagree. We've had mandatory vaccinations for centuries. And with that facility have defeated smallpox, polio, tuberculosis, tetanus and whooping cough. Just to name a few!

Imagine those with HIV aids, exercising your alleged rights? When in the context of viruses that can kill! No such rights exist!

Moreover, freedom of speech and expression also has limits! Nobody has a right to scream fire, fire in a crowded theatre, or knowingly misrepresent the truth, or defame with mistruth!

And the reason I believe we need Federal ICAC and the limitation on the protection of parliament for folk who Lie for political outcomes etc.

The was a time when those in public office were held to the highest standards of political integrity! Nowadays, our parliaments seem to allow those with the least personal integrity to succeed?

And need to be cleaned out as taxpayer employees/public servants! Or members of this or that political party! Whose membership is now too small to represent any other than special vested interest! Or, outcomes for sale?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 4 October 2021 10:37:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NOBODIES rights are worth more than someone elses life!
You may, or may not, choose to be vaccinated but you must also be prepared to wear the consequences. Which could be your own demise.
Even that supreme idiot trump is vaccinated.
Posted by ateday, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:11:11 AM
James Falk, in an article headed 'Our political ecosystem is full of collaborationist whores'. calls what is happening "The Great Covid Oppression". Politicians and their parasites are people who "talk about political principle and act without it".

Left and Right, through silence and inaction, have supported "unjustified oppression". "police brutality" and the destruction of freedoms and civil liberties.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:33:20 AM
This is a vexing question. The Fair Work Commission ruling was 2 to 1 against, yet the dissenting view is holding sway across the political spectrum.

I have had to be vaccinated to hold a job (Hepatitis B Vaccine whilst working as CSL Blood Products).

I have run clinical trials. I agree with you in principle, however, I think your characterisation of the current vaccines as "on trial, therefore experimental, therefore a breach of human rights" doesn't take into account the nuances of the situation, the consent processes that have been undertaken (compare your last flu vax with the amount of time someone spent explaining the covid vax) nor the now vast amounts of data supporting safety (I would estimate 50 where you have estimated 500, but we will have to see, but all new drugs go through this period of uncertainty).

I think NSW's plan is the correct one. If I understand it correctly, there is a small amount of time (weeks) between mild opening to vaccinated at 70% and back to an open society at 80%. Some businesses will choose to impose on their staff (as CSL did to me back in the early 90's) and some will see an opportunity not to. Some consumers will demand they not face unvaccinated staff and some will boycott businesses who impose mandates.

If Morgan's has it right with their disobedience index (70/30), allowing the market to take control will probably work out for everyone.
Posted by Anthony Bishop, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:47:13 AM
New despotism has emerged as one of the biggest threats to democracy, freedom and human rights in Australia under Covid. There is no excuse for this.
Posted by Macedonian advocacy, Monday, 4 October 2021 11:49:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy