The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > CCP's 'Noble Center' abounds in faults and challenges PNG and international governance > Comments

CCP's 'Noble Center' abounds in faults and challenges PNG and international governance : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 10/9/2021

Both firms reported to PNG Ports that there were dozens of serious defects in the construction, many of them with significant fire safety and structural implications.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I wonder if the CRCEG built the Wuhan lab where the Wuflu was created? Let's hope that CRCEG does not build nuclear power reactors.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 10 September 2021 9:25:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An Australian company offered rental space in the building would need
to ask for a safety certificate if their Australian employed people
are sent there to work.
That could put the cat into the bird house.
Isn't Port Moresby in an earthquake zone ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 10 September 2021 12:35:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Made in China.

Anybody with a most modicum of life experience knows how that works.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 10 September 2021 3:55:57 PM
Well?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 10 September 2021 11:20:37 PM
What's the problem with nuclear reactors!? Anybody with a modicum of science knows that not all nuclear reactors are the same!

Some need dangerous high pressure to operate, others, less pressure than the tyres on your car! Some will meltdown if deprived coolant for any reason!

Others cannot meltdown given they are designed to operate on already molten material! And should they be deprived of power for any reason, will automatically self drain into a safe nuclear repository where the molten material cools and solidifies.

Some will create nuclear waste, whereas others will use it like mostly unspent fuel and burn it! Leaving a little less toxic waste eminently suitable as long-life space batteries that burn up with reentry.

While some folk will endlessly worry about something they know SFA about! Others will understand that nuclear power is the safest cleanest and cheapest power in the world and the only sane carbon-free replacement for fossil-fueled power! currently available.

And properly shielded, produce less rogue emissions than a banana! In fact, less rogue nuclear emissions than a coal or gas-fired generator! TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 11 September 2021 11:11:05 AM
If the same rules and regs that apply to rogue emissions from nuclear reactors, were applied to coal and gas-powered variants!? Then al coal-fired and many gas-fired plants would be forced to close! Moreover, if we factor in fatalities per gigawatt of power generated then nuclear power which has less than even renewables, would win that statistical argument as well!

Interestingly, my last power bill claims that I tripled my consumption last quarter when compared to the same billing period as last year! And based on a pro-rata estimate that didn't include reading the meter? Albeit, I am still using the very same appliances!

I wonder if I'm the only consumer in the state trying to get their head around this latest outcome or indeed the fact that when I tried to pay online, the AI demanded I add to my electronic payment, my email password! And as far as I am aware, such include password, demands are actually illegal.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 12 September 2021 11:30:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy