The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Kamala Harris’ hollow visit to South-East Asia > Comments

The Kamala Harris’ hollow visit to South-East Asia : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 1/9/2021

Harris' China narrative seems to have drifted away from the Biden doctrine

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dammed if she does, dammed if she doesn't! And confounded by the Asian mindset, which is comfortable with the human rights abuses by other nations! Always providing they represent a profit for other nations?

Then condemn those who dare to raise their money faced, double standards. Standards which may result in them being absorbed into a greater larger china and where like Tibet, their previous privileged position will become very much, past tense!

That said, I get that some conversations need to be conducted behind closed doors! And that a publically stated position may not always serve our best interests! Best interests privately advanced behind closed doors and accompanied by a diplomatic cup of convivial tea.

Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 1 September 2021 10:12:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent analysis Murray.

Just showing there are international subtleties that escape OLO's over-representative band of anti-China armchair Cold Warriors.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 1:13:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With Biden's shameful exit from Afghanistan as backdrop, Harris managed to convince SE Asian nations that an empire that cannot defeat a rag tag bunch of Islamowarriers is certainly no match for the PRC.

I expect the next head to head meeting between China and the US to be when Harris takes over from useless/sleep Joe.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 4:26:42 PM
<b><i>TESTItalicsBolded</i></b>
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 11 September 2021 11:45:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy