The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is a Malaysian national unity government possible? > Comments

Is a Malaysian national unity government possible? : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 11/6/2021

The idea for a national unity government gained steam last month when activists and regular political commentators issued an open letter calling for such a government.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Why not? What actually prevents it? I'd suggest just a handful of power-hungry divisive politicians is all that stands between a unified nation and a dived nation at war with itself?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 11 June 2021 10:57:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. But doesn't Malaysia already have a government that represents a majority of the population?

A majority of the population is ethically malay & religiously muslim.

So if you have a majority of Muslim Malays in the Malaysian parliament.

Isn't that democracy in action, doing what democracy is supposed to do?
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Friday, 11 June 2021 4:23:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course Malaysia can never be a democracy again. It is a multicultural society where Muslims are in the Majority and they will never, ever, relinquish power to infidels. That would be against their religion. So the minorities in Malaya, the Chinese, Indians and indigenous populations, will have to suck it up.

Democracy can only work where people share a generally common perception of what is right and what is wrong. When you create a culturally divided society where a significant proportion of the population have diametrically opposed values to another significant part of the population, then you had better choose which form of totalitarianism by one race, class, or religion you want.

Absolute monarchy, Marxism, Fascism, or religious republic?
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 12 June 2021 4:11:10 AM
LEGO. A secular society welded to the economic paradigm of cooperative capitalism. Step out your door and leave your religious convictions where they belong in your home your heart and churches/meeting halls, where the like-minded can share those values as an absolute right. But never have the right to force never ever proven belief systems down the throats of others as if their belief system/opinions were proven fact or irrefutable facts!

Foxy. You are my kind of people! And I admire your work ethic etc. one not shared by all, but particularly loudmouth lumps of lard sitting on their collective asses taking credit for the work ethic of others, who in truth earn or create all the nations wealth!

And represented by enterprising diligent folks like yourself and your forbears.

My first abode was a stable, with very rudimentary living quarters attached, then a tin shed with a dirt floor. Had periods where we slept rough and explored garbage cans for food scraps to just survive. Spent hours with bent back harvesting food for the dinner tables of the better off.

Burnt the midnight oil, to gain the current tertiary qualifications I now have. Always did more than I was ever paid for! Owned and operated three businesses during my more mature years. Never put my hand out for government money, when I cared for my invalid mum during the last ten years of her life, when the results of her chain-smoking finally came home to roost.

You and yours can put your feet under my humble table anytime and welcome.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 12 June 2021 11:36:12 AM
To Alan B. After reading and re reading your post to me, I have concluded, that I have absolutely no idea of what point you were trying to make.

And the point was ?
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 12 June 2021 2:42:36 PM
Sorry, Lego. Point. For any nation with as many religions and ethnic cultures as Malaysia to survive as a modern democracy. It must be secular.

And leave religion out of it. But guarantee freedom of religious belief or practise for all its citizens, even atheists/non-believers.

I believe in three things as proven reality, my mother's name and the fact that everything I perceive as reality, is just part of the unified field of energy, including you and I, that is the universe.

All else is unproven speculation including all religious belief! Lastly, I do believe in a God or intelligent design!

And if that doesn't fit your belief system, then you have to believe in magic as the only other possible explanation of reality. Given from nothing you get nothing and lots of it. Don't intend to debate you any further on these points. Given your trouble understanding, the plain as the nose on your face, point!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 12 June 2021 6:29:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy