The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Peace, trust and solidarity during the Covid-19 pandemic > Comments

Peace, trust and solidarity during the Covid-19 pandemic : Comments

By Ioan Voicu, published 20/4/2021

We were reminded that history had repeatedly shown that decisions to shun peace and embrace extremes in any form can trigger conflict and discontent and ultimately lead to war and untold suffering.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
The mainstream media, and everyone else, should ignore the UN at all times, not just during such events as the China virus. The media rabbits on about the virus, ad nauseum, because it is cheap copy and good for scaring people into a slavish acceptance of Marxist dogma and the loss of freedom. The mainstream media is second only to the modern political class in threatening society and our way of life.

This "Year of Peace and Trust", which 99.9% of the world's population will never be aware of, is a load of bollocks, given the behaviour of the UN itself, Communist China, and the gutless refusal of Western politicians to stand up and be counted.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 20 April 2021 8:48:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The discontent and unrest has been shunted to the bottom since the COVID 19 outbreak.

Not too many will have time, interest or motivation to explore any view past their navel.

Obviously those with their feet on the ground in the real world, are more concerned with an escalating Domestic calamity unfolding in their own respective back yards.

These are the back yard politics which are demonstrating lack of trust and diminished confidence in the decision making abilities of their own leadership, where sectional interests applicable to those rulers, trump the greater good of community concern.

In my travels around the place, nobody mentions the UN in conversation, therefore a scant few I’d suggest, really care too much what happens in the top end of town which the UN comprises,

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 20 April 2021 2:05:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is high time that mainstream media relay the UN General Assembly declaration of 2021 as the International Year of Peace and Trust (IYPT). True, we are hovering under the cloud of ever increasing COVID-19 cases and pandemic fatigue, we see high-income countries rapidly vaccinating and the rest of the world lagging behind - it is a challenge to embrace peace and trust. However, as Dr. Voicu suggests, it is more important now than ever for this universal mandate to be embraced by the world community for the long-term benefit of humanity.

Reading the comments here on the relevance of the UN is demoralizing, indicative of commentators living in a moral vacuum, ignoring the significance of the organization and its remarkable initiatives. Those of us in countries where UN leadership is recognized and valued have a moral obligation to educate others to embrace and support the organization’s lofty goals. Thank you, Professor Voicu, for steadfastly promoting such an education and enlightening the blind.
Posted by Dana Lascu, Thursday, 22 April 2021 2:46:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Support the UN, support the Chinese communist party, support Kim Yong UN, Suport the KKK
What's the difference?

I support Australia, and Australia making it's own decisions

- End of story. Period. -

I don't care for an unelected gang of global dogooders telling every nation on the planet what they should and should not do.

I don't support peer pressure on a global basis.
I remember my mum telling me as an 8 year old
"If others want to jump off a cliff do you do it as well?"
I remember being taught to think for myself.

Why even have leaders if we need the UN to steer our leaders into making the right decisions for us?

Why don't we all just give up democracy right now and declare our unwavering loyalty to unelected bureaucrats?

I don't care about 'the world'.
All I care about is my own country and you know what?

- The world would be a better place if more people did the same -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 22 April 2021 3:41:02 AM
The UN makes our leaders middle-men
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 22 April 2021 3:43:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy