The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > As the virus spreads the PNG health system collapses > Comments

As the virus spreads the PNG health system collapses : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 12/3/2021

In a country of over eight million people there are just 500 doctors and about 4,000 nurses. Tragically, a significant number of nurses and other health workers have contracted the virus.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I wonder what advice Mr. Wall gave to PNG when he was involved with that country. Did they heed his advice? He is now giving advice that "The Australian Government needs to assist PNG with the supply of skilled doctors and nurses". Will the Australian government take that advice?

Mr. Wall is full of advice on what Australia "needs" to do in regard to a self-governing, sovereign country that perhaps should have been advised of the problems it faced when it decided to go it alone and reject Australia's 'colonialism'.

"The Australian public will support this if ….. ". It is very doubtful that the Australian public, with its own problems, would support a bunch of ingrates who still badmouth Australia for its past "colonialism" and who look like cuddling up to Communist China. And it is also unlikely that Canberra is interested in Mr. Wall's advice. They are too busy still trying to justify their own virus/vaccination/economy-trashing balls up.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 12 March 2021 8:43:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's the Mr Wall's (Political Consultants) of this world due to their lack of foresight who create such difficulties such as PNG is now experiencing.
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 March 2021 9:20:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't worry when the Chinese take over PNG everything will be alright again.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 12 March 2021 12:00:21 PM
First PNG, then OZ........
Not all that far off methinks.
Posted by ateday, Friday, 12 March 2021 1:05:34 PM
Ateday,

Just saw this on the news:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-12/chinese-island-lease-on-remote-wa-island-causes-concern/13240282

If I had my way I would cancel the visas of all the Chinese and send them packing back to China.

I heard there are about 60,000 illegal Chinese in Australia that they cannot find. That's 60,000 people who will not be getting inoculated against the coronavirus thus keeping the virus alive and well and spreading at a supermarket near you.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 12 March 2021 1:15:29 PM
Mr Opinion,
You'll be pleased to know that on the other side of the PNG border, just about every business is run by Chinese. The biggest employer of indigenous is the Public Service similar to here.
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 March 2021 8:39:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy