The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australian uranium fuelled Fukushima and now fuels global insecurity > Comments

Australian uranium fuelled Fukushima and now fuels global insecurity : Comments

By Jim Green and David Noonan, published 11/3/2021

Overseas suppliers who turned a blind eye to unacceptable nuclear risks in Japan have largely escaped scrutiny or blame. Australia's uranium industry is a case in point.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Interesting article, but I don’t agree with your philosophy which puts responsibility in reverse order.

I don’t think that’s how the world should work. Responsibility for outcomes rests with the end user.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 March 2021 10:03:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What on Earth is the relevance of the Uranium being from Australia ?
Would Fukushima have turned out different if the Uranium would have come from Africa or South America ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 March 2021 7:14:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the authors have the reached conceptual climax all leftwingers seek.

1. They claim Australia's own corporations are Complicit. But this is mainly in not anticipating 1 in 1,000 year Natural Disasters, like the Fukushima Earthquake/Tsunami/Inundation of the Nuclear plant!

2. Well what of the iron ore, aluminium, other minerals, thermal, coking coal and energy (eg. Uranium and even more dangerous hydrocarbons!) that Australian companies send to all sorts of countries? eg. to our biggest trading partner, China.

All these exports could conceivably be used in their war machines to confront, blockade or invade Australia. Should we therefore stop all exports of everything to the all countries in the world JUST IN CASE?

3. Leftwing-greeny logic being: Shut down Australia's trading capitalist system. And live in a cave, on vegan-safe fodder, somewhere.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 12 March 2021 8:18:16 AM
I'm glad to report:

"Japan’s current energy policy relies on an energy mix in which 20-22 percent of the produced energy will come from nuclear power by 2030."

More, see http://thediplomat.com/2021/03/why-japan-might-not-abandon-nuclear-power/ [Paysite]
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 12 March 2021 2:32:54 PM
plantagenet,
My guess is that the engineers & Technicians who designed Fukushima would not have chosen the location. No-one intelligent enough to build a NP station would put where it was. They would have been told to put it there by higher up political mutts & that's it !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 13 March 2021 6:02:20 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/10/fukushima-meltdown-did-not-damage-health-un-japan
Posted by Luciferase, Monday, 15 March 2021 5:22:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy