The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The black and white brothers > Comments

The black and white brothers : Comments

By Andris Heks, published 15/1/2021

When I heard the new senators introduce each other at Biden's election rally as 'black and white brothers', tears came to my eyes as I had a flashback to my experience with a very different pair of 'black and white brothers' in Australia a long time ago!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
May Rev Raphael Warlock stay safe and live long enough to help to implement his mentor, Martin Luther King's dream and vision, that we come to esteem one another not by the colour of our skin but by our character.
Posted by Andris, Friday, 15 January 2021 2:25:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Andris Hicks,

I'm amazed your sherry soaked driver was able to drive you from Alice Springs to Darwin in just several hours.

I though it would have taken 5-6 hours.

Or did I read it wrongly?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 15 January 2021 2:34:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
1500 km at 100 km/hr plus a few stops, more like 18 hours.
Something doesn't gel here.
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 15 January 2021 4:28:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
VKU3AUU. Yeah, seems the author is using lots of poetic licence in his alleged recollection of distant events?

Perhaps the bit that seems missing is the hours of drunken sleep, the result of the sharing that flagon?

The other explanation leaves one wondering if the author is D Trump? Or at least his Aussie doppelganger? And has no idea of the actual distance?

Or maybe the car was a blown V8? And the fearless driver pushing the engine to its limits the whole way? 1500 @ 150 = 10 hours? And given road conditions back then? Airbourne most of the way?

Yeehah! Oops, can we go back and pick up my testicles? I think they flew out with that last load of vomit? I always get airsick when I fly!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 15 January 2021 6:28:18 PM
After Cyclone Tracy one of my mates who was a radio Tech took 11 hours non stop (except for a fuel stop) because he knew his expertise would be needed. He wasn't driving a clapped out Holden either.

David.
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 15 January 2021 8:44:20 PM
Response to the comments about distance: I did take a poetic licence as the lift only took us part of the way to Darwin. But the point of the story was not the distance. It was my experience of the tragic brotherhood through alcoholism and how this motivated me to study the situation and trying to help. And the contrast with the possibility of an emerging mutually uplifting siblighood amongst people irrespective of their skin colour...If you read my articles on Trump below, you'll realise what my actual attitude to him is, as distinct from your presumptions. https://startsat60.com/author/andris-heks
Posted by Andris, Friday, 15 January 2021 10:39:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy