The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Seeing deeper and farther > Comments

Seeing deeper and farther : Comments

By Ralph Bowles, published 26/11/2020

Rod Dreher wrote his latest book to relay to us the warnings of others about a looming soft totalitarianism in the West.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Thanks for that article. And I’m very glad to see finally, a reference to the Soviet Union for the most complete dossier of the perils of cultural demolition available.

To learn from the Soviets, one needs to be an avid reader of Russian history. Russian history can alert us to just how far down the tube your world can skate, and that the sudden stop at the bottom is calamitous to all. There are no winners in that end.

Solzhenitsyn was the flavour of the month back in the late 70’s, and I (with very little time to spare), managed to read all I could lay my hands on.
Whenever I mentioned my joy in this pastime to my commo mates, I was shocked by their hatred of him. How could anybody that his studied his story, be so enthusiastically counter aligned to his views.

Turns out on closer research, none of those commo mates had actually read more than a small sample to none of his brilliant works.

What this taught me, was the dangers of blind allegiance to any ideology.

I’ll be reading the authors book reference for sure.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 26 November 2020 10:56:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dreyer is a man to be listened to, and not just by Christians; by anyone who has made themselves aware of what is coming for them via the Great Reset; the AGW hoax; technocracy; a cashless society; loss of private property ownership; China virus panic, and loss of freedoms and general scare-mongering by by governments, the MSM, and minority wealthy elites who will be exempt from the results of the havoc they want to create. It's not just China - our own lot are at it too, as well as the United Nations
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 26 November 2020 11:00:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems interesting that some willfully blind folk, believe that the Soviet Union still exists and is/was any part of the west!

That said, we can see the Authors words becoming reality. In the land of the free, the UK Turkey, Russia, Israel and here at home. And accepted by personality worshipping morons?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 26 November 2020 11:37:01 AM
If only the West could have a bloke like Putin !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 26 November 2020 2:38:52 PM
Klaus Schwab (WEM) and his band of ideologues believe that personal consumption must be cut in half. Private property must be eliminated. All decisions must be made by Technocrat managers. You must succumb to Transhumanism, the merger of flesh with tech. If you think thoughts contrary to their thoughts, you will be punished. All personal privacy must be abolished.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 26 November 2020 3:27:26 PM
Dreher does not in any sense provide a "deeper" or "farther" understanding of anything - including the Esoteric Spiritual foundations of authentic Spiritual Religion. The "religion" that he promotes is essentially superficial or one-dimensional. It has no Spiritual depth - zilch!

For a much more comprehensive understanding of the humanly created madness in 2020 check out the book by Paul Gilk titled Picking Fights With The Gods A Spiritual Psychoanalysis of Civilizations SuperEgo. It is published by a very respectable Christian publishing house Wipf and Stock.

The long introduction to the book is available online via the Kindle edition.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 27 November 2020 9:03:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy