The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gaming matters of life and death: just part of the premier's political play > Comments

Gaming matters of life and death: just part of the premier's political play : Comments

By Greg Donnelly, published 22/10/2020

Even the most serious and significant of issues eg matters to do literally with life and death can and will be brought into play and weaponised.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I'm from NSW and all I can say to the concluding line is Well said sir.

I do hope Queen Anastasia, then Chairman Dan and eventually Matahari Gladys get their comeuppance ( Gladys not for affair, but Ruby Princess and her saving of Brad" Hazzard to Shippng, NSW Minister for health and his incompetent bully Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant).
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 22 October 2020 7:32:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Greg Donnelly should be commended for exposing this political treachery re the issues of assisted suicide and euthanasia in the Qland election campaign.

He would no doubt recall (in Paul Collits' words) "Gladys's sleazy, secret deal with NSW Abortion Inc, aka Alex Greenwich MP and Brad Hazzard, to deliver the state's own version of Daniel Andrews' infanticide on demand legislation."
Posted by Raycom, Thursday, 22 October 2020 10:17:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bah humbug! Matters of life and death include ultra contagious covid-19 and don't tell me those on the far right like the Author? Haven't tried to politicise/weaponise that as much as possible? Let's get the borders open and wear the collateral damage among the old and useless! And possible long term health consequences for the younger?

They say the average age is 81? That's is due to our model of aged care and the neglect and abuse that substitutes for alleged aged care!

Quality in the home, care, would cost the taxpayer half what the current profit model in residential care TAKES! And possibly extend life and the will to live, well into the nineties? So let's not play with figures and say the intended collateral damage is moral/ethical/Christian?

As for assisted murder? Let's not mince words, for that is what stilling a beating human heart prematurely is!

And happens already, given increasing doses of opioids are given in palliative care, achieves that very outcome! And that practise should be decriminalized! Nothing else aside from a living will is needed here!

In the final analysis, the people will decide, with the way they cast their vote!

Given I and millions of others have already cast their votes, politically motivated articles like his one, are as useless as pissing into the wind!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 22 October 2020 12:19:56 PM
The neglect of the elderly, in church run nursing homes is shameful. These moralists with their "holier-than-thou" attitude is very much part of the problem. They offer palliative care to some, which in many cases is nothing more than the prolonging of life for life's sake, regardless of the pain and suffering and the total lack of dignity being afforded to the dying.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 23 October 2020 7:21:07 AM
When it comes to euthanasia the last thing we need is pollies looking into their soul, if they have one.

What we need is for them to honestly consult their electorate, & vote as their people want.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 23 October 2020 12:43:35 PM
Thanks Greg Donnelly for the article and highlighting the way that this sensitive issue has been mishandled by the Queensland Government. Hopefully the public see through the appalling tactics and vote accordingly.

I accept that there are some people are in pain and distress due to age and illness- I'm reluctant to hand power of life and death over to politicians- doctors can give pain medicine to patients. I haven't been convinced of the need for euthanasia- there are those that say that people that are against euthanasia are cruel- in order to influence the debate- everyone has had loved ones in pain- that's my view.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 24 October 2020 2:38:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy