The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > More scandals at the Vatican > Comments

More scandals at the Vatican : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 8/10/2020

Pell in this context is seen as more of a hero being treated badly by the Vatican's

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Earlier Popes had their own armies and navies, runner!

And the Vatican state/Catholic Church, does not pay tax. Yet has accumulated wealth around the world in business enterprises and valuable real estate!

[And a variable treasure trove!]

And I'd be very surprised if the Vatican didn't collect annual billions from these businesses and residential real estate.

Pell seems to be a gifted forensic accountant? And may get to the bottom of the allegations? And where, if proven, no criminal action can proceed? Perhaps another "suicide"?

The club of rome protects her own! Regardlesss of the crime or serious nature?

As for the victim hanging from a bridge?

Suggest it could have been done easily from a (canal/salvage) barge or some such, equipped with a cherry picker or cargo crane?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 8 October 2020 12:03:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect the vatican is as corrupt as the Victorian judiciary system. Makes you wonder why an honest man like Pell stays in such a corrupt system.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 8 October 2020 12:07:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

Power, money, and prestige.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 8 October 2020 12:28:13 PM
runner,

You reckon Pell is an honest man.

But having been convicted of child sex abuse (or whatever the specific crime was called at the time of his conviction) will leave a question hanging over his head as to whether or not he is an honest man.

I think this is one of those things that we need to leave to the historians and sociologists to examine and debate. I'm sure they will eventually come up with a general consensus on whether or not Pell is an honest man.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 8 October 2020 12:40:43 PM
'I think this is one of those things that we need to leave to the historians and sociologists to examine and debate. I'm sure they will eventually come up with a general consensus on whether or not Pell is an honest man.'

no Mr O. Regressives will always hold on to lying narratives to justify the unjustifiable. Maybe if newspaper ads were put out asking if anyone had been abused by you that someone might come forward. Pell will face His Maker one day like you and Me. There will be no hiding from truth then.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 8 October 2020 12:45:02 PM
runner,

You are making no sense at all.

In fact you are behaving like a pseudo-intellectual.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 8 October 2020 1:38:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy