The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lunar lunacy: competition, conflict and mining the Moon > Comments

Lunar lunacy: competition, conflict and mining the Moon : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 7/10/2020

The discussion about mining the Moon resembles that of previous conquests: the division of territory; the grabbing of resources; language of theft and plunder.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
There’s a couple of good things I like about the moon:
First and foremost is it’s made of cheese; Coon cheese I believe.
Second to that, The moon is spherical in shape, whereas the earth is flat. It’s the thing dreams are made of.

If ever you wonder to yourself what life would be like living on a spherical planet, then wait for a full moon and wonder no more: but wait, if the moon is spherical, why does it look like a dinner plate?
Even if it was flat, mining on the moon could give us easy access to its dark side.
Now I’m all for mining on the moon, I’m busting to know what lives on its dark side!
Maybe, just maybe, it’s where the man in the moon lives.

Who cares?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 7 October 2020 9:19:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As usual, a clueless Binroy is going of half-cocked and waffling on about stuff he knows SFA about!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 7 October 2020 10:10:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan. The moon is the place where all the real moonshine is created!

And I have it on good authority that the Chinese have built a restaurant there. Why not, they've built one everywhere else. They say the food is outta this world and to die for. But the joint has absolutely no atmosphere.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 7 October 2020 10:19:29 AM
Even after all these years, I still find it hard to understand how academics can be so stupid, & still survive.

Binoy, someone has to generate some wealth. With out someone generating wealth there is nothing to support all the hangers on in society.

No money to support government, & it's army of bureaucrats.

No money to support the proliferation of Quangos, boards, administrations, that grow & expand as we watch.

No money for education, particularly expensive universities & their costly, but mostly useless research.

No money for police to bring order, or the courts to administer the law.

No money for public hospitals, or public health systems.

No money for the arts, entertainment industries or tourism.

None of these things generate the money they cost, so someone else has to supply the money. To do that someone has to grow, manufacture or dig up something.

Why is it that you over educated dills can't see that your usefulness & in fact your existence depends on someone generating the wealth to support your actual existence.

I can understand objection on occasion to the sighting of a mine or factory in a particular spot, but a lifeless inert lump of rock whizzing around uselessly in space.

For gods sake, time to grow up little man.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 7 October 2020 11:28:20 AM
When all these proposals gets aired no one asks, or the proposer never
supplies the answer to what is the
"ENERGY RETURN ON ENERGY INVESTED ?"

It is the basic question to any proposal. If it does not have answer
greater than 7 it is not just worth it !
It does not mean that they propose mining for energy, but it must save
more energy on earth than is expended in getting the product from the moon.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 7 October 2020 3:26:21 PM
I wish I could find a reliable bookie who would remain bound in 2120 to honour my bet that mining on the moon won't have happened by then, and would pay out the winnings to my several dozen descendants.
Posted by TomBie, Wednesday, 7 October 2020 4:59:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy