The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Kosovo - toward true independence > Comments

Kosovo - toward true independence : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 1/10/2020

Kosovo became the youngest country in Europe when it declared independence in 2008. Sadly though, Kosovo continues to suffer from mounting problems.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
How can the EU demand mutual recognition between Serbia and Kosovo and reject the Catalonians in their demands for independence? In reality, EU does not support democracy, rule of law and human rights in Serbia or its province Kosovo which it bombed with depleted uranium and destroyed infrastructure. This further impoverished the region and made them dependent on outside assistance and meddling.
Posted by Macedonian advocacy, Thursday, 1 October 2020 8:56:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hope springs eternal! As should self-interest and oldfashioned commonsense!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 1 October 2020 12:21:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All too often a people clamor for "independence" from the very government that they depend on for support. It would be a good ideas if they sat down & decided just where their food, & the money to pay for it was going to come from, before waving all those nationalistic flags.

Scotland is another where it appears public sentiment is all for independence from Great Britain. Their only problem is that without English tax payer subsidising them, the Scots do not produce enough of anything to pay their way. If they become independent there will be no reason for the long suffering poms to buy Scottish overpriced wind power, & the Scots will starve to death rather quickly, unless someone else picks up the bill to feed them.

I believe this is exactly the case with Kosovo too, less the wind power.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 1 October 2020 12:42:28 PM
Phil,

You truly are a pseudo-intellectual.

And you just do not understand the Kosovo dilemma.

Kosovo just happens to be one of those contested lands for which there will never be a resolution unless one of the disputants is eliminated. For example, Palestine: Jews v Arabs.

To understand the position of Kosovo you need to ask questions about Russia's ambitions to gain access to the Mediterranean and the West's ongoing attempt to keep her from doing so.

There, I've pointed you in the right direction so let's see how far you get ........ you great big pseudo-intellectual you!.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 1 October 2020 1:09:13 PM
Too much pseudo-intellectualism there too MrO.

Kosovo is simply the result of years of multiculturalism, even if it wasn't called a catchy name back in the day.

It is simply a result of too many tribes living on the same bit of dirty.

We may be lucky if your China syndrome should occur to prevent it becoming the norm here.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 1 October 2020 1:28:41 PM
Phil,

I'm not a pseudo-intellectual, something I have gone to great lengths to point out to you pseudo-intellectuals as you well know.

I don't like your take on the Kosovo situation. It's too general. It's the sort of explanation I would expect to get from a 10 year old.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 1 October 2020 2:17:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy