The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Redefining anti-Semitism on Facebook > Comments

Redefining anti-Semitism on Facebook : Comments

By Neve Gordon, published 28/9/2020

The objective is to force Facebook to alter its hate speech definition so that its own “detection algorithm” will characterize any criticism of Israel as hate speech.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
To whom is Facebook "influential"? Is there any evidence that the people who make decisions are in any way swayed by the ravings of a bunch of nutters; that politicians have enacted legislation to suit online ravings? Are the armies of "trolls" just people who say things Neve Gordon doesn't like? Very likely! She thinks the 'right' embraces human rights only to serve their own goals.

"A slightly different version of this piece was first published on Al Jazeera", where all the Jew-haters would have appreciated it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 28 September 2020 10:11:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sorry, but, redefining criticism of Israel as hate speech is simple censorship and the denial of free speech! And must be seen for what it is, not what the highly manipulative and dishonest, clearly corrupt want it to be? So that they can continue to hide behind terminology in order to deprive others of their rights and their birthright heritage? As they seek to ilegally, annex more and more occupied land?

That said, there is no place for hate speech or race hate on social media! But we need to understand that and the difference between robust debate and opinion/deserved criticism/freedom of expression/calling a spade a spade or a shovel and racial based, hate-speech!

One of the first casualties of war, is the truth! Also, it would seem, clearly corrupt, diabolically disingenuous administrations! Six million Jews would be turning in their graves the way the holocaust has been used and politicised by the, I believe, repetitious, risible rhetoric of recidivist, rabid rascals?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 28 September 2020 12:09:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No race, nation, religion or individual is immune from criticism.

Social media manipulation seems to me as only one half of a 2 pronged attack.
This social media manipulation is more overt in nature.

Another side is more covert, like Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislane Maxwell, daughter of renowned Mossad spy Robert Maxwell, and the likeliness that the pedophile ring that was uncovered was most likely an Israeli operation to deliberately compromise and blackmail people of means and influence.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 28 September 2020 12:56:59 PM
Thanks for the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg#Personal_life

Personal life

Raised Jewish, Zuckerberg once identified as an atheist but has since revised his views. In 2016, he said: "I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."[21][182][183]

He met his then-future wife, fellow Harvard student Priscilla Chan, at a fraternity party during his sophomore year there. They began dating in 2003.[184][185]

In September 2010, Zuckerberg invited Chan, by then a medical student at the University of California, San Francisco,[186] to move into his rented Palo Alto house. He studied Mandarin in preparation for the couple's visit to China in December 2010.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 28 September 2020 8:05:14 PM
Alan,

Not all criticism of Israel is defined as racism. What is racist is rabid and unreasonable criticism of Israel that focuses zero blame on the Palestinians.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 1 October 2020 7:29:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy