The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A test of diplomatic maturity > Comments

A test of diplomatic maturity : Comments

By Ioan Voicu, published 16/9/2020

In the light of a challenging unprecedented reality, diplomats from all countries of the world will have the imperative duty to cooperate in order to give a collective practical response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Seriously?

Reading this article gave me the same feelings I got when first I read Tolstoys’ war and peace. Will it ever end?

And what did I learn?

Well now!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 16 September 2020 9:19:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan well done and thanks for the heads up! I did not read it. UN first mistake, first few lines blather and stupidity.
We should be out of the UN forthwith and tell them all to go out and look after lepers or some such.
Australian leaders do not need any help to destroy our economy, enrich themselves personally, inhibit our freedoms and subject us to an endless stupid and patronizing sermon.
Every sitting politician should be replaced when next up for election, well that's my plan anyway!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 16 September 2020 11:22:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If only!

If only we had a test that gave a result in seconds and deployed it around the globe?

Hwy, wait a minute we do have a Saliva test that's is 95% accurate and gives a positive or negative test in seconds.

And could be deployed at all the critical entry and exit points. Schools, hospitals, supermarkets, airports and transport terminals, sports and entertainment venues.

With those testing positive for the virus or illicit drugs, locked up behind razor wire until they test negative for the virus. Those caught in the net testing positive for illicit drugs. required to do six months. Thereby enabling a two for the price of one outcome and borders that could reopen tomorrow along with the global economy!

I get that there are some folk terrified of the possibility we could get and deploy the Israeli Saliva test? For no other reason than the also ran, broad-scale identification of those consuming illicit drugs? All of which is supported by other multitudinous crime! All of which would disappear with the mandatory incarceration, without a conviction, of the addicts caught in the same net.

Finally, there would be no diplomatic immunity from the test! With all diplomats subject to the same testing regime and quarantine! And incarceration without conviction if also testing positive for illicit drugs, in which case ther diplomaic immunity would be rendered null and void with all that then would flow from that.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 16 September 2020 1:37:41 PM
In an excellent article on the key role that the United Nations should play in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic and other urgent world affairs, Dr. Voicu stresses the importance of solidarity and the mandate of the UN to issue not just broad recommendations, but to urge diplomatic action in view of creating an international convention dedicated to medical solidarity. Such an effort would lead to a mandate of member states to adhere to medical solidarity objectives and self-report about country-level implementation. The UN General Assembly high-level meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the US on Monday, 21 September 2020 should offer strong support for the collective commitment to multilateralism and cooperation – medical or otherwise.
Posted by Dana Lascu, Monday, 21 September 2020 2:52:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article "A test of diplomatic maturity" written by Ioan Voicu and published in your journal on 16 September 2020 appeared very timely,at the eve of the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly, treating this very important and topical subject
It brings a notable contribution for studying of this concept and an important reference for future research of it.
The article underlines the role of diplomatic maturity ,as mobilizing factor for world wide solidarity through multilateralism,intra-organizations capabilities,and increase of the collaborative diplomacy in general ,and particularly now when it is necessary " to give a collective practical response to the COVID-19 " for universal solutions.
It is laudable that the Author stresses the responsibility of the United Nations system in starting to prepare an international convention dedicated , at least to "medical solidarity" and of the multilateral diplomacy to bring it about, as "a test of diplomatic maturity" .
I think one can't agree with that more .
The Author deserves warm congratulations and deep admiration for writing this article.Ion
Posted by ion, Thursday, 24 September 2020 8:38:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy