The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Killing the Australian education export industry: the not so silent murder! > Comments

Killing the Australian education export industry: the not so silent murder! : Comments

By Michael Baron, published 24/8/2020

I have been involved in the Australian International Education industry for almost 20 years and I have been thrilled to watch it grow and prosper over the years as it has been going from strength to strength.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
As one who witnessed the decimation of education since the Hawke/Keating government turned a useful working model of traditional education on its head, no sympathy here.

Neoliberal governments since have joined the wagon of destruction, by adding in oversupplies of immigrants through a back door which is more worn than the front, to prop up a failed ponzie scheme of pyramid selling which, in the end its good riddance to bad rubbish.

And the crocodile tears for Chinese scammers using the education ponzie as a vehicle to scorch the locals out of their housing and onto the streets, suck eggs!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 August 2020 8:18:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would be "thrilled" to see the education of foreigners fizzle out, never to return. We should be concentrating on educating our own, not enriching universities and bringing in Chinese spies to Australia. This business of relying on Communists for income must stop.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 August 2020 8:45:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
have been involved in the Australian International Education industry for almost 20 years and I have been thrilled to watch it grow and prosper over the years
Michael Baron,
Yes, but education is not about the bureaucrats' pockets, is it ! I'd have thought preventing indoctrination & teaching values & useful information instead would be the main criteria of education.
As an uneducated observer even I can see the dumbing-down since the Goaf years of so-called 'educated' people. Unlike you, I feel dismay !
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 August 2020 9:00:12 AM
If coronavirus does nothing but eliminate this dirty back door immigration scheme, used to increase the earnings of academics, themselves of little value to Oz, then all the rest of the pain suffered by those infected & real industries like the tourism industry will be worth while.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 24 August 2020 10:20:29 AM
To the extent foreign student education was an immigration scam good riddance. Graduates had to spend two years in the most appalling rural hardship such as the Gold Coast before getting residence. It was clearly getting out of hand when UTas started moving out of Sandy Bay into the Hobart CBD. They purchased hotels and a giant hardware store as well as developing prime waterfront sites.

In contrast places like Cambridge UK took centuries to become student towns. I'm also a bit suspicious of the value some of the courses. Get fat fees for a Diploma of Aromatherapy or whatever then throw the student out on the street.
Posted by Taswegian, Monday, 24 August 2020 10:38:31 AM
Hopefully, Australia can get back to educating Australians, and not having its universities run as business operations simply relying on more and more on foreign students to promote supposed greatness
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 24 August 2020 11:05:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy