The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Even when you’ve read the fine print… > Comments

Even when you’ve read the fine print… : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 13/8/2020

I don't get mailed messages urging me to adopt solar technology on my roof. If I do, I was told, my electricity would be free!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Disagree! What we do not need is yet another price gouging monopoly foisted on us by a corrupt crony riddled system? After all, competition is the very foundation stone of capitalism! TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 13 August 2020 11:38:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have solar panels on my roof, if I didn't would not be able to afford our price gouged power supplied by a single supplier as coal-fired power!

There are solar farms springing up all over the joint and firing up with daylight. Sometimes firing up too much?

And only viable due to the current cost of monopolised, coal-fired power.

And that's only so because dropkicks with vested interests in the status quo, make nuclear power a prohibited option! Sound fimilar, Don?

The intended recovery all but demands this asinine self-imposed prohibition be lifted, if only to unlock billions in research grants!

And allow us to get into the production of affordable effective cancer treatment (bismuth213?) and a medical tourism industry worth annual billions and enough commercial activity to see the hospitality/accommodation sector and our regional airlines, working their backsides off!

I get that there are some vested interests and predatory parasites that don't want that outcome and stand in the way every way they can/use all the influence they have or can afford?

Get busy with really petty stuff to get us divided against ourelves! No names, no pack drill.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 13 August 2020 12:50:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As our current leaders have crashed our economy over a non-threat good luck with getting any sort of change to our overpriced electricity. I live near the brown coal plants and they are all going flat knack producing. Of course when you allow renewables a high tariff then that's what coal gets too! Our prices are four times the US cost so you work out whether it is the old style power or the new improved at four times the price?
We are lead by total idiots every one of the current crop should be ousted and let's see what can be done.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 13 August 2020 1:42:37 PM
with the economic illiterates that our uni's have produced its no wonder people are dumbed down enough to think solar panels and wind farms can come anywhere close to the cost of coal fired stations. China just laughs at the fools signed up to Paris.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 13 August 2020 1:50:28 PM
Do people who lash out and buy solar panels - particularly those of advanced years - calculate how much 'free'power they will have to use before they have recouped the money they have outlaid.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 13 August 2020 3:05:37 PM
'Do people who lash out and buy solar panels - particularly those of advanced years - calculate how much 'free'power they will have to use before they have recouped the money they have outlaid.'

problem ttbn is like every dishonest fraudulent scheme the panels are so heavily subsidised by Government (taxpayers) that true cost is totally hidden. Before these renewable madness we ranked in the top 3 or so cheapest producers of energy. Since adopting this fraudulent rubbish thanks to the Ruud/Gillard/Turnbull mob we now are among the highest cost producers. The 'smart' country.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 13 August 2020 4:07:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy