The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If Naomi Wolf was a straight man Harold Bloom could be dead > Comments

If Naomi Wolf was a straight man Harold Bloom could be dead : Comments

By David Skidmore, published 31/3/2004

David Skidmore notes the double standard between tolerance of sexual harassment by straight men and by gay men

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Ridiculous - all this extreme feminism means normal girls like me get tarnished with the same brush as short haired, doc-martin wearing girls that frankly prefer other girls to men anyway. So what he made advances, maybe he thought you were easy, the truth is that me and my friends will go to a club and jokingly come onto men although (usually the really ugly or fat ones). They don't wake up in the morning and cry sexual harrassment because it just isn't. Naomi Wolf is a total moron, I am learning about anorexia for my psychology degree and she harps on about men wanting voiceless, sexless, weak women - well you know what, that's just not true. Maybe it's the ugly women in this world having the problems but as an attractive and strong women (definitely not one of these neo feminists though), I have never met a man who didn't love my strong opinions. She said the fear of womens fat, is actually a fear of womens power - thats ridiculous, it's a fear of the FAT. To promote the idea that it is ok to be fat is incredibly irresponsible, they burn billions of gallons more fuel on planes (causing damage to the environment), it costs billions of pounds for the health service and it's damn unpleasant to sit next to a fat person on the train.
Posted by Allegra, Sunday, 1 April 2007 9:48:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy