The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We are killing more people because of lockdown than we are saving > Comments

We are killing more people because of lockdown than we are saving : Comments

By Graham Young, published 13/7/2020

We’ve taken a radical, unconventional approach as a country. It’s past time to see what worked, what could have worked better, and then communicate to the people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Sorry Graham, I think you all mad better get back on your medicine.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 13 July 2020 9:26:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think that we should let the sins of Chairman Andrews pass. Hopefully, we won't have to learn to live with him as long as Graham probably rightly thinks we will have to live with the China virus. There seems to be no end in sight, and there won't be as long as our stupid government keeps allowing people to cross our international border, no matter how Australian they are. We have police appearing on TV, threatening the locals if we don't do the right thing, while our idiot government is still exempting people wanting to return from overseas. Close domestic borders, but not the big one where it all started.

An excellent article, Graham; nothing but the truth. It's criminal that politicians refuse to consult real thinkers and anyone not in their own bureaucratic dunghill
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 13 July 2020 9:39:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the article Graham. It is reassuring to learn that there is some rational debate about the COVID crisis. Not so very long ago humans faced several pandemics and/or epidemics without the modern public health systems that Australia now enjoys. Life went on as it had no other choice and many died. Vaccines or loss of virulence permitted an accommodation between infectious agent and the population. The COVID crisis has shown clearly that while every human life has value, the economic well being of the community is equally important to sustaining nations. No economy, people die from starvation or failed support systems. It is the excess deaths from COVID that should be used as a barometer for management, not simply deaths from or by COVID. Your article should be read and understood by many for the greater good of us all.
Posted by Pliny of Perth, Monday, 13 July 2020 10:09:52 AM
Graham you might find this of interest: https://www.albertfuchs.com/summary-speculation-suggestion/
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 13 July 2020 10:10:53 AM
I'm not sure on his one.

The ogars and ogresses are identified as State Premiers in this script. But I'm not convinced of that.

There is a world at play here, of which we form just a very small part. And there are accidents and incidents in the game.

So the two counter argument I have noticed, is let the ball roll where it will, as opposed to guiding it towards the pins with a gutter each side.

And it is certainly forcing us to look at what really matters in life. The money tree is looking decidedly sick. With no apples falling to the ground for easy picking anymore.

I notice though, a strange mix of anxiety for the future built into a joy at the receiving of a golden handshake in the short term, from the current course.
And aren't politicians expert at buying people off!

But having entered Luna Park through its gaping jaws, there's a whole lot else going on in the compound.
The choice is simple enough, and to me it seems that less death and lingering illness of the population, and keeping the public health intact as best we can, is winner

Health wins over money anytime. This argument is considered here, but if people choose to end their lives as an alternative to another view of life, such as adjusting to life in a new world, then its simply down to a philosophical question; a personal choice which can confront anybody out of the blue, through threatening events with similar outcomes.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 13 July 2020 10:19:30 AM
Grahasm,

108 deaths here in Australia; 135,000 in the US, with much more than 108 every single day, and the death curve about to start rising again.

Forty five 9/11s in the US. My bet is that our numbers might eventually rise to 200 or even more, while the number of deaths in the US will hit 200,000 before the end of August, and keep rising.

But if we put our hands over our eyes, like Dr Donald would prescribe, we won't see any deaths. Problem solved !

Roll on, November. Please !

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 13 July 2020 10:53:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy