The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > COVID-19 crossing the Rubicon > Comments

COVID-19 crossing the Rubicon : Comments

By Arthur Dent, published 21/5/2020

As far as I can make out, Australia is now fully committed to a policy of 'Adapt and Control' as opposed to 'Eradicate'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dearie me, what sort of undergraduate university essay is this about? "What remains to be seen is how much longer people will remain tolerant of a ruling class whose unfitness to rule is now a matter of life and death." Uuhh! This author must be a teacher from the Soviet Republic of Victoria, who doesn't what to go back to school and dreams of the could old days when communists believed they would conquer the world!

Article is full of groundless opinions eg "But we don't actually even know whether or to what extent infected children are less infectious than infected adults. Double Uuuuhhhh! From what I have read, studies into this have shown that children (unless already compromised with other illnesses, in which case they should be at school) are generally not prone and less likely to infect others. The author should do some more reading of international stuff online. But then that would upset Great Uncle Danial Andrews' aim to sink Victorian economy and get bailed out by his Belt'n'Road mates from Chai-na.

This appear to be just more scare-mongering 'fake news', much like the deliberately confusion caused by 'their scary ABC' (https://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=20907). Seems as we start management our way out of this pandemic, some people just want to extend it.

I wonder why, perhaps they enjoy the lifestyle of full pay to stay at home, funnily enough the topic of one of Ratio nationals'shows earlier this morning!!
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 21 May 2020 12:27:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Eradicate would require a complete shutdown of all border at a shire level for a mandatory month. Replete with night time dusk to dawn night-time curfews.

With only road and rail freight allowed egress. And given the crooks, criminals and drug dealers would never ever comply, impossible!

Herd immunity? Possible, if you vaccinate, test and vaccinate just as we did for polio or smallpox!

And until there is a viable treatment or a proven vaccine we will have to change and adapt! End of story
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 21 May 2020 12:56:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am with Alison, this nonsense needs calling out! I now realise I have suffered under three pandemics. I remembered the two Flu pandemics but forgot the Polio one in the early 1950's. A few kids at my school were crippled by polio and I remember the huge sign advising that this germ was in a local stream.
Here I still am, lucky me but suffering ear ache from the bed wetters as if mankind has not always faced these sorts of diseases. My message is Danielle Andrews can get stuffed, Palachook can also get stuffed. Nasty, spiteful little bullies that they are! Disgusting that they can lord it over us and both idiots that have forgotten who put them in their jobs with massive pay and pension plus the freedom to go and work for the Chinese after they are thrown out!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 21 May 2020 9:40:26 PM
this will be a big problem in a future
Posted by eduardofaccio30, Saturday, 23 May 2020 7:55:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy