The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No, it’s not OK > Comments

No, it’s not OK : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 18/5/2020

Social isolation, unemployment and the destruction of careers and businesses as a result of the corona virus restrictions are already responsible for an increase in the rate of suicides.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
How can suicides be predicted? There is even a range of 750-1500. Are they using ‘models’, those things that have been hopelessly wrong on climate change and the effects of the China virus? We don’t even know who is making these predictions. Hope it’s not Suicide Prevention Australia - in business for 25 years, but not doing much good, apparently.

If people are intent on killing themselves, there is nothing to be done about it. The only people ‘prevented’ from suiciding are those who never really intended to do it in the first place - the ones crying for help, or the extreme exhibitionists.

We really need to stop poking our noses into other people’s lives.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 May 2020 9:42:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get used to death. Doesn't much matter how it comes.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 18 May 2020 11:31:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan,

Well, don't a lot of us think that as long as we're alive :)

But ......

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 18 May 2020 11:33:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Negative thought about anything or worse possible scenarios needs to be countered with more positive thoughts. Almost as if there where two entities in your mind, bad cop and good cop.

You need to be the good cop that is always arguing for the positive outcome/impossible dreams that come true.

Accept in life not all dreams can come true, although some can and do!

Around 4.5 years ago, had a massive haemorrhagic stroke that should have killed me. C.A.T. scans revealed the damage/an inoperable tumour, confirmed by M.R.I. in the basal ganglia.

I've been single again for 3.5 decades, as a result of 5 spinal fractures

Completely alone for 2 decades, with not even an animal companion for most of those last two decades.

I spent 8 years fighting for my compensation package, halved because it seems they believed I had a preexisting injury.

Albeit, everyone who knows me will tell you I was no passager but pulled more than my weight/the go-to man when the workload got too big for the other, younger, team members!

Isolation loneliness is tough! As is the annual death toll from brain cancer, which even after thirty years, still exceeds the annual road toll!

Not assisted by wimps who think a couple of weeks is doing hard time!

Average life expectancy for brain cancer is just 14 months, with less than 2% making it past five years.

Yes, inoperable brain cancer doesn't have to be a death sentence, but may be treatable with alpha particle isotope, bismuth 213!

Which as reported from man orthodox clinics, is attached to an antibody that then targets just the cancer, leaving the healthy tissues mostly undamaged.

You were in parliament, where were you when this came on your desk? You could have argued for sanity, a transition to nuclear power, i.e., MSR thorium, the precursor of bismuth 213!

Maybe you/every other sad sack out there feeling sorry for themselves could realise there are worse things!? Start campaigning to get Alan B. some bismuth 213 for Christmas, here or over there?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 18 May 2020 11:57:47 AM
Dan. Life always ends with death. It's a one-way destination for all of us! Not even all the gold in the world can buy a minute longer than the predetermined allotted time. And that time is a precious gift! We can choose to use for either good or evil purposes.

That said, we Irish have a saying. Life wasn't meant to be taken too seriously! After all, none of us get out of it alive.

Take care and stay safe! And always look on the bright side of life!
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 18 May 2020 12:08:16 PM
Thanks Alan, made my day :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 18 May 2020 12:50:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy