The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What would Grandma say? > Comments

What would Grandma say? : Comments

By Adam Johnston, published 15/5/2020

NDIS suffers from a lack of ambition: it's not interested in research to improve the lives of those living with disability

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Sadly, this was a "get off the hook" scam for Government from the get-go.

The NDIS scheme was sold as a pup, but was actually a mangy dog in the end.

I think from my observations of those "clients " under its boot, these clients are mismanaged and inconvenienced by the needs of the NGO's as the priority.

The article is about lack of research support for the disabled, and the seperation of the NDIS scheme from research. But again, by observation from the ground level, it's a money grabbing dogs breakfast for NGO's.

Lack of research into improving medically the lives of the disabled, is certainly an issue I wasn't aware of, but there's more!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 15 May 2020 9:20:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The NDIS has changed hundreds of thousands of Australian lives for the better. These are not only the people living with disability but their families and the large workforce of support personnel. More than a quarter of a million Australians now receive assistance, many for the first time in their lives. While the NDIS is committed to translation of research into best practice for participants, it is not funded to conduct such research
Posted by estelles, Friday, 15 May 2020 9:36:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan,

I agree. It's unaffordable and has caused a lot of angst for the people whom it is supposed to help. Another silly idea made sillier by silly people.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 May 2020 10:43:16 AM
Sounds like someone can't get a research grant to make their miserable lives richer.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 16 May 2020 10:19:27 AM
I'd be ok with swapping some OT's for more researchers.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 16 May 2020 5:20:11 PM
A price-gouging ripoff by folk whose principal concern is their, money for bugger all, business model?
17.5% admin, for what?

Telling the same worker to go to the same address on a weekly roster? Or pad the hourly rate by over 40%?

Is this anything like what granny might say?

Bring on the royal commission into aged and disability care, and not just inside institutions, but that which occurs, as in the home care, for both cohorts!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 17 May 2020 12:47:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy