The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Early lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia > Comments

Early lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia : Comments

By Kevin McCracken, published 9/4/2020

It is still early days of the pandemic in Australia and comprehensive post-outbreak reviews are many months (perhaps years) away, but important early lessons for future pandemic planning are clearly apparent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
As a technical glitch is hiding the article

JUST CLICK http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=20842&page=0 to read the article
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 9 April 2020 12:45:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Points 3 (on decisions by Australia's "states" and territories) and 10 (on central planning/messages) are very true.

Australia's 2 top layers of government system (of Federal Government vs States/Territories) presents an inbuilt weakness in handling an all-of-Australia crisis.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 9 April 2020 12:55:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We need a vaccine against the Wuhan virus.

And we need vaccine against the myopic pursuits and plans of Australia's politicians, bureaucrats and business leaders whose actions over the past 30 years are the underlying causes of the predicament we now find ourselves in.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 9 April 2020 1:56:28 PM
Sing it Mary http://youtu.be/y3KEhWTnWvE?t=44s

COVID Days my friend
I hope they sooner end
No song and dance
No stimulus this way

To brighten up the day of OLO-pudlians reading this article, here's another poem I wrote:

With apologies to a pretty good band :) *

When we find ourselves in times of COVID
Months of hopefulness decree
There will be a vaccine
Let it be.

And in lonely hours of darkness typing
Listening to the crash of sea
Good Friday comes tomorrow
Let it be

Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, yeah let it be.
Whisper joys pre-COVID
Let it be

* Very much inspired by the Beatles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beatles – who perform it here http://youtu.be/7P6X3IWLECY
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 9 April 2020 3:43:06 PM
I know the author and while its a well clearly written piece, what he has done is simply log the actions undertaken by SCOM, Frydenberg and Dutton. So he should acknowledge this, rather than taking the credit forit. Whether your a Green meanie, Labourite , Liberal or independent they and we ciitizesn should thank the.

As for Plantagenet s comment on State and Federal government, mosts states did well, NSW fecked it up with Brad"hazard to shipping" Hazzard DR Kerry Chant and it would now seem The Ports Minister..I am sure more will be ducking for cover.

You exclude local government. I assume by omission, you think they did better! NO, please justify that angle mate!
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 9 April 2020 4:23:23 PM
Alison Jane,

Are you talking to yourself or us?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 9 April 2020 4:40:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy