The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Coronavirus: church of the future? > Comments

The Coronavirus: church of the future? : Comments

By Greg Bondar, published 30/3/2020

As the Coronavirus shuts down churches and keeps us indoors for the indefinite future, we may be wondering what to do as Christians living amid plague.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Acceptance of isolation and not doing what you like doing, being stoical and so on, might be all well and good now. How about in six months time? Last night, Morrison said strictures could be in place for the next six months. Already, a sizeable sections of the population are having great difficulty complying with what is law, let alone with what is voluntary, just recommended. Australians have shown that they are NOT "all in it together"; they are still panic buying, getting too close to each other, breathing all over each other. There is one woman in jail in SA awaiting trial because she went berserk at the border, ignoring police instructions, and deliberately coughing over them. There are plenty more nutters like her out there.

Australia and Australians are not what they used to be. All these smug wafflers telling us how much fun it will be, downloading movies, doing crosswords and puzzles with the kiddies in isolation are dangerous bloody idiots.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 30 March 2020 9:10:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looney politician comment today comes from Victorian Health Minister, Jenny Makakos:

"Go for a walk, but try to make it as quick as possible and go home".
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 30 March 2020 9:44:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see future church services, conducted in drive-in centres where you donate on the way in And then through the rest of the week retasked as drive-in theatres, replete with kids on rollerblades supplying a valet food and beverage service during intermission.

And as places that generate a tax-free profit and eliminate gratuitous violence as entertainment! But treat nudity as part of nature! And not get too hung up on it as being somehow unclean or immoral to look at an unclothed body!

Likely to be extremely popular adult entertainment, with say Saturday reserved for family suitable?

We arrive in this world wearing that which the creator provided! And it's time to put victorian puritanical insanity to bed! And pardon the pun.

I expect drive-ins would be popular and a place where brief, do unto others, (softly, softly) Christian messages could be played during the break? Just gently, as, do you or your family need assistance, and left at that!

Encourage them to drive in or drive them away! Your choice!

The breaking of sourdough bread and partaking of wine (non-alcoholic) should be an annual event in line with early esoteric Christian Passover REMEMBERANCE practice!

And in specially preprepared baskets that can be distributed on entry? As a complete meal?

There is something about shared meals that draw folk closer, makes it more like family. And what churches ought to be rather than headed by hugely misguided control freaks deciding what other folks moral values have to be?

If free will is real? Then adults must be free to choose between good and evil! And somewhere in that brainwashed cohort that call themselves Christian, there needs to be an acceptance that gender bias is decided in the womb and by the creator, regardless of external appearance or genitalia!

Belief alone never ever made a round world flat! End of story!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 30 March 2020 9:48:13 AM
Footnote:
For those who don't understand, as long as you stay in your vehicle, you are practising social distancing! Be a cafe, a church service, or entertainment venue, or retailer of anything! And there are sanitising sprays, one can use before and after! Ditto hand sanitizers!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 30 March 2020 9:55:45 AM
Sales of alcohol have risen by 37%. It seems that people who used to drink in company at pubs etc are committing the frowned on practice of chucking it back on their own. Many alcoholics deny their addiction by saying, 'But I never drink alone'. Many 'isolaters' will be consoling themselves with alcohol, rather than watching online sermons. There's another result of the China virus that Morrison is going to have to throw money at. Or maybe it will be included in the "domestic violence" package.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 30 March 2020 10:09:03 AM
Lapsed CofE, therefore semi-RC is my background and left church going when I saw the ludicrous behalf your at youth club church politics. Religion is sound, but abused by churches so not really wanting to have Jesus and God thrown at me, Having said that, its always nice to get viewpoints and historical facts/reminders. The one thing I like about this COVID-19 thing. It inst1lls debate across a wide range of positions. Thank you author. You won't @ born me again' but a alternate view is always interesting.
Posted by Alison Jane, Monday, 30 March 2020 7:33:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy