The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Damascus: review > Comments

Damascus: review : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 14/2/2020

You would have to be a brave man to write a book of historical fiction centred around Paul the Apostle because Paul is owned by so many who would protest at any historical or theological anomaly.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I haven't read the book in question, and it would be most unlikely I will.
But if I read another pro gay diatribe piece, I think I might vomit.

And to suggest, as does Peter Selleck, that the future of the Christian Church hangs on its acceptance of homosexuality as an essential, only indicates to me that he is a very sick puppy on this point.

Fast forward to current day, and apart from a small percentage of Orthodox Jews, Jews are more liberal than most. Israel was very early in the piece, an implementer of gay marriage.
So if the Jews were the enemy of gay rights in the time of Paul, they certainly are not now.

So who are the enemy of gay rights current day, Peter Selleck?
I get the impression it's Christianity per se in your take, which would be a gross misrepresentation.
Christianity is actually opposed to what comes with the lifestyle, and its particular brand of debauchery.
Christianity is opposed to all levels of debauchery. Fact. So beautifully highlighted by Israel Folau. God bless his sole!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 14 February 2020 9:01:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A good essay.

But meanwhile why not check out the essay Jesus and the Teaching of Truth About Man which along with other essays about "Pal" and "Jesus" can be found in the most extraordinary book written about the nature of Reality - The Enlightenment of the Whole Body
http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/EWB/EWB_pp436-459.html#jesusandtheteaching

Plus this essay on freedom of choice re ones sexual orientation
http://www.beezone.com/da_publications/freersex.html
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 14 February 2020 9:28:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The light was seen allegedly by just one man, who found it allowed him to live as God made him.

We have to rely on the historical honesty of Jews in their accounts of their history and personal revelations.

Paul was by all accounts a latter-day apostle and an alleged self-confessed homosexual!?

Constantine would turn in his grave if modern-day Christians attempted to change the narrative he imposed along with his hand-picked stooges at the helm of the 350A.D. approx. Church.

And a far cry from the practises and belief of early esoteric Christianity, With sword-wielding Bishops at the head of blood-soaked armies, putting disbelievers to the sword.

A review is certainly warranted, but needs to be root, tree and branch of all current Christian philosophy and should start with the celibacy unknown in earlier esoteric Christianity and only instituted just around a thousand years ago.

A thousand years after the Master, a mortal man, walked upon this earth and taught.

After manmade and latter-day imposed celibacy, other reviews have to include the confessional and the manmade seal. And the zealot's zeal with which it is owned and protected by the clergy!

Just don't hold your breath waiting for a genuinely honest review and gender equality! Too much at stake and too much too lose!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 14 February 2020 9:34:21 AM
Sells, this is a little off topic, but being a non believer in any religion, I was hoping you might be able to help.

The bible, within Genesis has the following passage “ 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Now being an inquisitive person I would think the word ‘replenish’ clearly and unequivocally means “ to fill something again, or return something to its earlier condition” as per most dictionaries?

Does this not then define ‘God’s work’ as being something not original and therefore ‘man’ must have walked the earth previously?

I would be interested in your and other poster’s response, comments.

Thank you, Galen
Posted by Galen, Saturday, 15 February 2020 12:48:05 AM
Does this not then define ‘God’s work’ as being something not original
Galen,
My philosophy also. The universe & all that exists is merely one boundless hamster wheel !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 15 February 2020 5:51:42 PM
'expression of found grace.
Tsiolkas has come to the conclusion that Paul's homosexuality drove him to break with Judaism'

of course and then Paul would of identified as a woman if the operation was available. And really he was thrown into prison not for calling for repentance and preaching the message of the cross but for telling people how their evil lifestyles were causing climate change. Sells seems to love the heretics and hate the truth. Not surprising.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 15 February 2020 7:25:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy