The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Has Morrison had an Epiphany? > Comments

Has Morrison had an Epiphany? : Comments

By Mark Buckley, published 5/2/2020

Has our Prime Minister improved in his demeanour since the bushfire crisis?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I suspect Morrison is hoping the smoke will settle on the fire issue so he can get back his comfort zone. The fires made him cancel his trip to India where he was to discuss increased coal sales. If that is revived then he is assuming the public is over it. Another test will be restoring the canned National Energy Guarantee. My impression is that it would be as effective as a feather duster but it may calm the public for a while.
Posted by Taswegian, Wednesday, 5 February 2020 8:18:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr. Buckley could save himself a lot of effort by simply stating that he hates Scott Morrison. What a a sad misanthrope he is.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 5 February 2020 8:19:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To ttbn,
misanthrope - a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.
Not really 'on the money' if you are describing me, but in response I would think most of the population object to many aspects of Morrison's personality. The only reason it is relevant is because he is the Prime Minister, and every dopey decision he makes affects most of our lives. If he was merely your unfortunate neighbour, I wouldn't care if he pulls the wings off flies ...
Posted by askbucko, Wednesday, 5 February 2020 8:55:36 AM
I think Mark Buckley is actually Paul 1405.
It all adds up!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 5 February 2020 9:03:48 AM
I reckon Soot 'Beam up me Scotty' Morrison's political career is all but over. I cannot see him recovering from the damage he did to himself during the 2019/20 fires. People have seen through the emperor's new clothes and they don't like what they see.

I think the Liberal Party will be discussing a new leadership behind his back between now and the next election because surely they don't hope to win with him as their leader.

PS To askbucko: You said you have a background in History and Politics. I'd like to hear more so please touch base.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 5 February 2020 9:18:08 AM
Has Morrison had an Epiphany? I don't believe he has any more than developing genuine empathy or a backbone.

He might have been given some tips from some in Australian Survivor on how to create a caring persona for media consumption during the very next photo op?

But those who've seen the flood of crocodile tears from this politician this coalition, not fooled!

I mean we had two Leadership challenge now as the most pressing priority fo junior party the NATS and the errant greens whose policy advice and preferred paradigms has created so much of the recent and preventable harm!

As for scomo, it's business as usual and yackitty yack, blah blah. Bird's fur, horse feathers and endless humbug of a former advertising exec? Tasked with selling hypothetical refrigerators to Eskimos?

All the coalition needs to stay in power, their most pressing concern, is a better salesman and a better story about how wonderful they are as managers! And how sorry they really, really are for your loss?

And maintained until they once again stand on the victor's podium or until the tribe has spoken?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 5 February 2020 9:29:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy