The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Fitz Files Fail > Comments

Fitz Files Fail : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 25/11/2019

Dear Fitz, dishonouring a Christian woman proclaiming biblical Christianity is a disgrace.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I'm not sure why anyone would waste time on Fitzsimmons and his ignorant rants. The only bright thing about him is that ridiculous bandana.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 25 November 2019 8:01:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, cannot agree with the author anti-SSM rant using an aging anti-SSM spokesperson, able to hit a tennis ball remarkably well!

Sir, your barely veiled homophobic rant, visible for all and sundry to see, an attempt to re-prosecute the no case SSM plebiscite.

As seems your want? Using barely veiled hate speech in an endless campaign to re-prosecute the no case?

Sir, if Jesus walked among us today, you among equals, I believe, would treat him with his predilection for exclusive male company, his unmarried status, his gentle and kind nature as being gay? In all likelihood would oust him from a job as a teacher. For that is what he was?

It is said, he will return?

Perhaps he has already?

But you and your entire ilk are not looking for him or the things he taught? But rather the exercise of some self-imposed authority you think somehow you have!?

People are as the creator made them all of them!

But you and your ilk think that some passage written on ancient parchment may have been divinely inspired? It may not have been!

The evidence would seem to conclude, this passage may have been inserted later to have the writer's message conform to the social mores and cultural values of the time.

And not the fact that our genealogy very definitely decides our sexuality, not some bogus passage on ancient parchment so much of which has been both plagiarized and embellished with plagiarization and embellishment further plagiarising and embellishing the written word!

Which as you know to the illiterate and primitive folk who followed and believed in it without ever once, like you, unquestioning it!?

Why? Because the written word, fact and fiction alike had and for some, still is gospel! Regardless of credible scientific evidence to the contrary!

Stop trying to persecute folk for the sexuality they were born with! They are as entitled to the SEXUAL love of a partner as anyone else!

Where they find it is absolutely no concern of yours or someone able to hit a tennis ball, really, really well!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 25 November 2019 9:23:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B,

<<Sir, if Jesus walked among us today, you among equals, I believe, would treat him with his predilection for exclusive male company, his unmarried status, his gentle and kind nature as being gay? In all likelihood would oust him from a job as a teacher. For that is what he was? It is said, he will return? Perhaps he has already? >>

No matter what Christian article I write, you do not deal with its content but come up with your Christophobic content, which is 'intolerance of, hostility towards or discrimination against Christians' (The Macmillan Dictionary 2019. s.v. Christophobia), http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/christophobia.

Why don't you share briefly with us what has caused you to become Christophobic?

In the parable of the rich fool (Luke 12:16-20), the fool thought he had more than enough time to enjoy life - whoop it up. God had news for him: "This very night your life will be demanded from you” (verse 20). We have today—we have the present moment—and we should use it wisely. "God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?'" (Luke 12:20), http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+12%3A20&version=NLT

God's word to you and all of us on this forum is: 'The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent' (2 Peter 3:9).

Alan, I pray that the Lord will soften your heart towards Him.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 25 November 2019 10:19:10 AM
Spencer you really are becoming boring now. The arguments you present in your tideous tirades were put to the people. And you lost. You are in the minority. Get over it, build a bridge and get on with your life. Please.
Posted by Aries54, Monday, 25 November 2019 11:07:59 AM
Aries54,

<<Spencer you really are becoming boring now. The arguments you present in your tideous tirades were put to the people. And you lost. You are in the minority. Get over it, build a bridge and get on with your life. Please.>>

Please address the topic I wrote about.

"tideous tirades" should be "tedious tirades"

You have done nothing more than give me a Red Herring Fallacy. Here you have attempted to redirect the arguments I raised to what you want to talk about - slam me. You have avoided the issues I raised. You want me to abandon my original content. Yours is fallacious reasoning. We can't have a reasonable conversation when you resort to illogical reasoning. See: http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/150/Red_Herring

<<You are in the minority. Get over it>>

Again you use erroneous reasoning, a Hasty Generalization Fallacy: You draw a conclusion about me and other Christians on this forum - based on a small sample size. Instead of looking at Christian statistics in Australia, you chose your line of thinking, rather than dealing with the stats: http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/100/Hasty_Generalization

You don't know the facts. The 2016 census concluded 'we’re a religiously diverse nation, with Christianity remaining the most common religion (52 per cent of the population)': http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyReleaseDate/7E65A144540551D7CA258148000E2B85.

It's a joke when you claim 'you are in a minority'. That's factually FALSE.

I know of Christians who won't make comments on On Line Opinion because of the unreasonable, fallacious comments by people like you. You can't seem to handle it when I provide evidence in support of Christianity and you come back with an Ad Hominem response of 'tideous (sic) tirades'.

By the way, I don't use tirades in my writing. I attempt to get to the truth - that you don't like.

What is God's assessment of unbelievers in their relationship with Him? 'They can’t understand the truth. They are separated from the life of God. That’s because they don’t know him. And they don’t know him because their hearts are stubborn' (Ephesians 4:18).
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 25 November 2019 12:16:45 PM
"Get over it, build a bridge and get on with your life".

Somebody's been watching 'Brides and Prejudice'. They are the exact words utteree by the pompous, over-weight snob who was Victoria's mother.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 25 November 2019 12:35:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy