The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anti-Americanism: the dislike that 'decent' people are happy to admit to > Comments

Anti-Americanism: the dislike that 'decent' people are happy to admit to : Comments

By David Hale, published 18/10/2019

Only a median of 58% of people, across 37 countries according to Pew Research has a favourable view of Americans.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"It means that almost half do not and in some parts of the world especially the Middle-East it is much lower."

It also means that more than half do. Funny how people view and slant figures to suit their agendas. The 42% haters would be 'large' minority if the Great Satan is involved, but a small minority when comes to a vote against same sex marriage.

I'll bet the 42% America-haters are happy to accept aid and protection from the US for their poxy countries. I'm so glad Donald Trump intends to turn off the tap.

This Lefty Anglican decided to mention Australias 'evil' past, too. I think we can guess where he is coming from.

As a pacifist able to enjoy that absurdly impractical belief, thanks mainly to America, he should pull his head and ponder how pacifists were fare in a world without America. Particularly Christians. And he needs to be quick about it.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 18 October 2019 9:45:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a peculiar, and poorly written article. I really can't grasp what the author's point is.
Posted by JBSH, Friday, 18 October 2019 11:15:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You want to see where the poor are treated badly go to India. Hinduism has the untouchables. The Government would rather they die of poverty than be helped by Christians. Look what countries are targets for millions of refugees and you will realise that these countries are not nearly as bad as lefties want to make out. You don't see the poor lining up to get into China, Iran, Venezula or North Korea. I wonder why!
Posted by runner, Friday, 18 October 2019 1:51:13 PM
Dear Runner,

«Hinduism has the untouchables»

That used to be a feature of Indian culture, not of Hindu religion.
Following Mahatma Gandhi, hopefully it is gone for good.

As for America, their generosity is quite a fact which ought to be acknowledged, but they also flooded the world with junk: junk food, junk technology (now taken over by China) and junk entertainment that promotes violence. America is also a scary, violent place with police brutality and the highest rates of incarceration in the world.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 18 October 2019 3:48:06 PM
God Bless America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LwGt9d1-lU
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 18 October 2019 4:08:34 PM
'That used to be a feature of Indian culture, not of Hindu reli'
Yuyutsu

as long as people believe in the lie of reincarnation the logical follow on is that people who previously lived 'good' lives will be rewarded in the next and vice versa for those living the bad life will be punished in the next great discrimination will take place. I know several people from India who tell me the class system is well and truely in place. The current nationalist Hindu government has cut off much aid to the poorest of Indian people because they are frightened that people will leave HInduism and turn to a merciful God and receive forgiveness of their sins and eternal life through Jesus Christ. This is a reality in 2019.
Posted by runner, Friday, 18 October 2019 4:23:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy