The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cynical enterprises: the Kurds await their fate > Comments

Cynical enterprises: the Kurds await their fate : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 11/10/2019

In time, the United States replaced European powers as the Kurds' serial betrayers, and seemed to relish leading projects of autonomy down the garden path.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
This cynical act of cowardly betrayal should serve notice on all the US's allies, that this Former strong friend to democracy and freedom the world over, is no more than an asset harvesting corporation!

And cannot be trusted or depended on to stand tall beside those who've already paid with their blood for the interests of the US, i.e. the now deserted Kurd!

My bet is, the ISIS caliphate will be reborn and presided over by another of Satan' servants!? Namely, the Turkish Tyrannical sabre-rattling Edgowan? AND THE REAL REASON FOR THE INVASION!?

And he's currently ensconced in power, with NATO's largest land army under his control and with at least 50 Nuclear warheads in his considerable arsenal!

Standing idly by and just allowing this to happen will ensure we are at war with ISIS for at least another century and a magnet for all the blood-crazed assholes the world over, who will as they already have, flock to join!

This cannot end well! And a predictable genocide of biblical proportions, in the making!?

Me? Well, given my druthers? I'd send President Edgowan a present, namely a cruise missile delivered post-haste, ASAP directly through his bedroom window, while he was ensconced inhouse!

And with that termination and limited collateral damage, limit the bloodshed to just as few as possible?

Imagine this was 1938 and we were able to remove Herr Hitler with something he just wasn't expecting at all in a single blow, say a trusted servant with a suicide vest or some such and before the hostilities began?

How many millions of other lives, most of them innocent, could have been spared by the timely death of one diabolical dictator!? And not mention the millions or billions in property damage!

Add in today's weaponry to that time advanced scenario and what do we get!?

Don't just do something, stand there!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 11 October 2019 9:55:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump is doing just what he promised to do with regard to US foreign policy. Good on him. If only Australia had an honest, open leader.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 October 2019 10:22:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best friends we've ever had in the Middle East, now betrayed by that slime.

Yes, why should we care about the Kurds, they're a small population, along way away, with whom we have little in common, and few social or economic relationships ? As Neville chamberlain said of the Czechs in 1938.

And how did that turn out for Chamberlain and the gutless British ?

If I were the Kurds, I would turn out all those prison camps and let ISIS go for it, and rebuilt their caliphate. No, probably not. But what would you expect ?

Utterly despicable.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 11 October 2019 2:03:06 PM
Erdogan will possibly release the ISIS prisoners in the hope of using
them to do his dirty work and so keep his hands clean.
That is a risky idea as the Arabs have no time for the Turks.
They consider them to be 2nd class muslims.
It rules out an Erdogan Caliphate.

The whole thing is very sad as the Kurds have been dealt a bad deal by history.
Still as Trump could have said the continuous warfare of the last 1400
years has to come to an end sometime but not with our involvement.
It is now time to say to the Middle East, we give up, we have spent
too many lives and too much money trying to sort out your mess.
Just do what you will and do not send any of your people out of the
Middle East, just kill who you wish but stay there and live with it.

Don't sell them any weapons and destroy what we can of theirs.
Let the UN deal with them if they are silly enough, but we, the west,
should just keep at arms length.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 11 October 2019 3:18:04 PM
It is more complicated than I said above because of Nth Africa and
the Suez Canal. Iran is another complication but because of Hezbollah
they have to be lumpted in with the ME.
Israel, would complicate everything as a hands off policy would make
the Arabs think they could just attack Israel.
Israel of cause could literally eliminate any country that attacked them.

What a mess ! The "Final Solution" ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 11 October 2019 3:28:57 PM
"The best friends we've ever had in the Middle East, now betrayed by that slime. best friends we've ever had in the Middle East ….". 'We' being who, Joe? Most Australians wouldn't know a Kurd from a curd, the sort Mary ate with her whey in the nursery rhyme. If you mean 'we Australians', it's nothing to do with us. Our plastic PM is 'monitoring the situation', which means that he hadn't heard about it when asked for an opinion, and that he wants bugger all to do with anything that doesn't entail robbing pensioners.

We should have nothing to do with anything or anyone in the Middle East; our meddling so far, including helping out dumb presidents before Trump, the best since Ronald Reagan, has not panned out very well. Trump is the best thing going for the US and for the free world. And, he's never said a bad word about you.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 October 2019 4:04:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy