The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rugby union: played in heaven or trapped in purgatory? > Comments

Rugby union: played in heaven or trapped in purgatory? : Comments

By David Rowe, published 9/10/2019

The game is now a troubling spectacle of physical danger and technological capture.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Yes and yes to both questions. I used to play so I'm biased. However, I know some things need to change, fit and foremost the scrum. I'd change the scrum and replace team on team contact with a wheeled machine they bind to and can only push in a forward direction, to end the neck injuries and scrums that are sewed quite deliberately. Moreover, most scrums could be replaced by a tap kick and or, a penalty followed by a lineout.

Scrums invariably led to some neck injuries and a number of former players incarcerated in wheelchairs

. I believe it should be played as seven aside to remove some of the brute force contacts and replace that with speed and the spectacle of killed ball movement And here we see three-man scrums and less scrum related injury!

Finally, junior ruby must be decided by weight division alone and not age! It might be fun for the Jounha Lomas of junior rugby, to run over the top of lightweights, knocking their teeth out and worse as they run the lenth of the football field like the proverbial Sherman tank barreling over Indian scout motorcycles! And invariably targetted by much larger players! And not a lot of fun for the outweighed steamrolled players!

Yes, I ran around a few of these big boppers, learned to run on one leg twice, to ensure I virtually doubled my bodyweight on impact, with the abdominal regions, to ensure they were less likely to try and block my run next time?

Other times I'd move sideways to maneuver them to the mud patch then change direction to ensure momentum was my( flounder) friend and their (slip-slide)enemy and why I prefer the seven aside I was selected for!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 9 October 2019 10:13:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Soccer is a way more intelligent amusement.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 5:57:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To add to your post, I like reading and it's one of my hobbies. As well, I'm sure it'll be interesting for you yo check https://super-essays-service.com/speech-and-presentation-writing-at-cheap-price-rates. There you can find some fascinating articles. To add to it, I mentioned that in the service you can get professional writing assistance.
Posted by rubynash, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 8:55:54 PM
I see that the once almighty Australian Rugby team got hammered by Wales.

Perhaps if the morons had focused more on playing the games rather than the politics and Folau was playing maybe Australia wouldn't have been humiliated.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 10 October 2019 4:14:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy