The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can't we just get along? > Comments

Can't we just get along? : Comments

By David Hale, published 26/9/2019

Religions are not basically all the same contrary to the popular idea that they are. There are some big differences.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Which religion advocates;
"Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them."
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 26 September 2019 8:57:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said, David.
For far too long, religions have been competitive rather than bonded.
Each faith has its followers; most faiths believe in some form of divine being while a few do not.
This does not seem to alter the motivation of the majority of followers to do good in the name of that religion, although a number regard their faith's teachings as justification for behaving in inhumane and selfish ways, often murderous.
I commend your raising the proposal that there is room for all religions and that they should work together for the betterment of mankind.
Posted by Ponder, Thursday, 26 September 2019 9:08:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many years ago, a young Swiss boy was guarding his father's flock. When perchance a wandering band of Gypsies, stopped and proffered sweetmeats.

Within hours the boy awoke bound and gagged in the back of a wagon.

Many days later he stood on a platform at a Rome slave auction..

Years followed in the enforced servitude and treated as a son. Many years later there was an emergency!!

The young man was entrusted with a large bag of gold, food and a stallion. However,as soon as he was out of sight, turned the horse's head north and travelled many days, only led onward by the last sound of his own village, the village bell. Many tolls led him toward many a village by a similar toll, but upon seeing the particular village, disappointment as it turned out to be a false peel. Eventually, he heard a very familiar ring and as he crested that last hill, there below him lay his own village.

Everyone of us has within our own ring of truth as surely as that authentic peel!

if we are but open to it and when we hear an absolute truth will tell us this is true with the usual spine tingle of tingling pleasure as the soul recognises truth.

Learn to meditate (dogma-free) and use this God-given facility to sort truth from fiction or problem solve.

Never ever decide you have all the facts or know it all but remain open to having some or all your current convictions overturned by revealed truth!

Learn to meditate i.e., "Seek ye first, the Kingdom of God within"!

Surely life is a journey with the journey being the far more important along with what it teaches than the eventual destination!

Peace and love.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 26 September 2019 10:21:14 AM
'Can't we just get along?'

Certainly history shows that countries with a Judea Christian basis for laws have been by far the most peaceful and prosperous in history.

There is a difference though between getting along and group think. In the West today by far the most intolerant, violent and nasty are the marxist totalatarians. Mobs like antifa, getup and the feminist movement are often intolerant of anyone not sharing their views.

Personally I am convinced the claims and teachings of Jesus Christ are so far superior to any others. Does not stop me getting along with athiest, Buddhist, Hindus, Mulsims (who are not following Mohammed's example) or even the earth worshippers who believe in the gw scam.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 26 September 2019 1:21:39 PM
Alan, Liked your story of the slave. Those opposed to slavery should
always to not only remember the members of the British Parliament but
those engine builders who developed the steam engines that made
slavery too expensive.

As far as I know only one religion supports and or advocates slavery
because Mohammad was a slave owner and he was the perfect man so it
must be OK to buy and sell slaves. The trade is very busy in moslem
countries.
Do you know that moslem slave traders raided southern Europe, and
coasts of Britain and Ireland for over 1 million slaves and in at
least one case raided Iceland looking for blondes as they had a
premium price in Nt African and Middle East slave markets.
I wonder if there is an index for blondes in present slave markets ?
Do you know that the Slav countries, the Balkans, Ukraine and Russia
were known to Arabs and Romans as the slave countries ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 26 September 2019 2:33:19 PM
Yes Bazz, sad but true and we're told, still happening today, as super-wealthy oil sheiks. buy and sell anything and anyone. And may well explain a huge disappeared without a trace, volume of missing people?

The only way to stop this nefarious illegal trade that never ever ends well for its countless victims! Is to end the world's reliance on oil!

And it goes without saying what I'm going to say next and how I might say it. And given I've said it so many times before! No need to say it again to tin-eared folks who not only never ever listen but are for all practical purposes, in bed with these oil-rich, sub-humans?

Were this not so and very probably the literal case, things here would be so very very different!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 26 September 2019 2:52:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy