The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Peter FitzSimons: it may come back to bite you > Comments

Peter FitzSimons: it may come back to bite you : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 6/8/2019

Who wants freedom of speech folks taking a stand for Israel Folau's cousin, Josiah, who lost his job at a Roman Catholic College over his anti-Catholic rants?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A flaming article brimming with lies, obsecuring the truth.

This is purely an issue of sectarianism, and sensible people should ignore the screaming queers of the secular madhouse; most notably the SMH.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 8:41:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does anyone take Fitzsimmons seriously? If this cousin of Falau's worked for KMart, and he rubbished his employer, he would be sacked. The same would happen no matter where he worked. Nothing to do with religion. The man is an idiot; nothing like his cousin. Only another idiot would take up his case.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 9:00:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan,

<<A flaming article brimming with lies, obsecuring (sic) the truth.>>

Are you writing about my article or that by FitzSimons?

ttbn,

<<Does anyone take Fitzsimmons seriously?>>

The Sydney Morning Herald does, otherwise he wouldn't be employed.

<<If this cousin of Falau's (sic) worked for KMart, and he rubbished his employer, he would be sacked. The same would happen no matter where he worked. Nothing to do with religion.>>

In the example of Josiah Folau and his sacking by St Gregory's College, it had everything to do with religion. He defamed his employer's values and was justifiable sacked.

I agree that if he worked for KMart and rubbished his employer, he would deserve the same treatment that St Greg's gave him.
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 9:48:48 AM
All left-handed masturbators will go to hell for not conforming to the established right anded norm. And indeed any normal heterosexual who for any reason engages in anal sex, uses contraceptives or bullies others who believe differently. All the result of choice!

If anal sex is sinful? It is sinful for all! This is my religious belief! Therefore, I'm entitled to give voice to it in the public square.

Ditto Folau's cousin.

All current Christian Philosophy and practice has its origins in the beliefs and permission of the pagan sun-worshipper Constantine.
All divine inspiration is reported to us via those who claim the same. Even some not taking their meds.

Which Folau ought to do. And just leave others to worship how they please and whomsoever they please. be it the creator or Constantine's Christianity, or some pretender/paedophile, kiddy raping warlord trying to enforce their errant will or hate-based rules.

The God of love didn't anoint Folau or Folau' cousin, both of whom ought to get back on their meds ASAP. I'm taking mine!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 6 August 2019 10:10:08 AM
To OzSpen.

Hello OzSpen. That's an interesting discovery for today, Spenser Gear attachment to OzSpen. It all makes sense now.

Yesterday's discovery was meeting the new Nazi dog catcher for the area, on a bush trail five Kim from civilisation.

Life is brimming with surprises.

No, I feel this issue is inside the bounds of a sectarian debate alone. The Catholic Church has a very legitimate rite to dismiss the services of a renegade employee who undermines an institutional employers religious belief system, with bitter comment opposed to their core values.

I do not see that Israel Falou is bound by the same rules as his cousin, since secularism, under the democratic rite of free speech, holds ALL opinions as equal.

It is a shining example of a need to legislate particular freedoms for religious belief beyond the moral argument under which secularism attempts to position homosexuals and gay rights, as ii sees the need of "special" protections, and offers them special privileges. Equality proves itself a farcical right by comparison.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 10:55:50 AM
I wonder if nurses who are pro killing unborn babies and even up to birth should be allowed to work in maternity wards.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 1:53:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy