The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The great Australian tourist visa scam > Comments

The great Australian tourist visa scam : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 5/8/2019

The processing of visitor visas has become secretive and completely divorced from applicants.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
If you have evidence of corruption in a government agency or organisation, Murray? You should release it to the appropriate body, Namely the federal ICAC! I see by all the red references, this is hardly just your opinion? Correct?

Ooops, A federal ICAC. We still don't have one of those, do we?

Those bodies we do have? Have allowed this alleged state of affairs, to evolve or continue?

Given they are like those supposed to have been keeping the banks honest!? Just bona fide toothless tigers or in bed with those they are supposed to police?

By their fruits, ye shall know them!

It's said, the fish always rots from the head? And the Fitzgerald Inquiry into police corruption in Queensland found, it seems, it did indeed start from the head.

One also notes that the current head of border force is former Queensland cop, the "Honourable" Minister Peter Dutton. Who on occasions has been seemingly generous with visas for special cases? A political colleague's French au pair perhaps?

And just the tip of an iceberg we need a federal ICAC with teeth to expose and prosecute!? Perhaps? Maybe? In a decade or two? If we can get those "HONEST POLLIES" opposed!? Kicking and screaming!? To finally act!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 5 August 2019 10:47:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If by "surveillance" Murray means checks of Western security intelligence databases to protect Australia and Australians,

with the aim of keeping people who are security risk out.

Then its a good thing.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 5 August 2019 2:49:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dr Mahathir, the Australian hating dictator of Malaysia, once said that Australians would never be accepted in Asia "until they are 51% Asian."

Murray Hunter, who lives and works in Malaysia, apparently wants to do his bit to make Australia "acceptable" in Asia. Reading back through Murray's previous posts, it is pretty obvious he is another "open borders" advocate who thinks that anybody who wants to come to Australia should just come, and Australians should do nothing about it.

So Murray came up with a spin which claimed that Australia's screening processes were naughty, unfair, possibly illegal, corrupt, nasty, etc, etc. It was penned to appeal to the leftist internationalists who hate their own country, people, and culture as a fashion statement that displays their alleged social superiority, like their Gucci shirts and skirts.

But the entire western world s turning away from continuing social suicide through immigration and voting for people who will protect our borders.

So, two fingers full of righteous indignation to you, Murray.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 5 August 2019 7:52:43 PM
I have lived and had a business in Malaysia some years ago, during Dr M's first reign as PM of Malaysia.
New him, met him infrequently, chatted cordially, I can say I became a little friendlier than most people. To the point that I sold the company to his oldest son, Moksani from memory. (well that was what it sounded like did never know the true spelling)
I think, knowing the man as I did, what he meant was, because in Malaysia as in many other countries, foreigners cannot own 100% of a business, they must have a BUMIPUTRA (aboriginal) partner and he must be at least 51% shareholder.
So I believe this is what he would have been referring to.
Nothing racist or discriminatory about that just govt policy.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 9 August 2019 11:31:54 AM
Nice article and you explained in a detailed way. Thanks for sharing this to us. https://succeedfoundation.org/telldunkinbaskin/
Posted by earlsmith, Saturday, 10 August 2019 2:26:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy