The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A knock on the door > Comments

A knock on the door : Comments

By Brian Hennessy, published 2/8/2019

Facing him as I hand over my passport. Trying unsuccessfully to look him in the eye. He quickly checks my face against the passport photo.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
And, the moral of this story is? Stay Away from China.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 2 August 2019 9:25:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Funny how this works.
Out here in Australia, the poorer Chinese can be witnessed picking up curb-side council cleanup rubbish, in the latest model Mercedes SUV's.
Dreadful life they lead....NOT.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 2 August 2019 9:38:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If one believes in reincarnation and I do. Then one would see the reincarnation of mass murdering, psychotic Stalin in Xi Jinping?

Not only does he act like that psychotic paranoid power-hungry maniac, but is just as non-empathetic as that mass-murdering monster with as little regard for human life!?

And he has a good mate in Stalin devotee, Putin!? Who self evidently sees this mass-murdering monster/commie dictator, as some kind of national hero!?

Anybody who chooses a Chinese wife and then chooses to live in China under a dictator, needs their head read!

Why are you and your wife still there? Have you completely lost your sanity? Get the hell out while you still can! No amount of wealth or prosperity is worth what it could ultimately cost!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 2 August 2019 10:44:51 AM
I'm glad you brought this to my attention Brian;
Because now I'm going to tear some strips off you as well.

- If you were looking for sympathy, then I'm sorry to inform you that you're going to receive the exact opposite.

You want to know what another term for 'foreigner' is?
'Privileged Guest'.

Unless you're a Chinese national, you're a privileged guest in China.

As a 'privileged guest' you're entitled to 'shut your damn mouth' and 'accept whatever hospitality your hosts deem fit';
If this option is not suitable to you, then as a 'privileged guest' you have a second option.
That option is 'get on the next boat or plane out and go back to where you came from';
And - 'don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out'.

Ok now think seriously...
What do you think I care about more:
Your rights in China, or people from China in Australia;
Doing the same shuff you're doing, whinging about how things are.

To top it off, you're living there and posting things on the internet critical of their government / country, you even admitted to the numerous reasons why they may harbour distrust or resentment towards a foreigner;

And yet you still whinge?
If you don't like it leave, but don't dare complain about it.
- That's a matter for Chinese nationals themselves and their government.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 2 August 2019 1:32:52 PM
I agree with ttbn.

Next time yor return to Australia with your wife.

Both don't ever return to China.

Also noting, even if your ethnic Chinese wife has Australian citizenship, China has a habit of locking up ethnic Chinese carrying any type of passport.

Oh! And Hong Kong is also descending into darkness. See http://gentleseas.blogspot.com/2019/08/pla-threatens-tiananmen-squareagainst.html

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 2 August 2019 8:08:05 PM
Well there is a Chinese attitude called Tianxia.
China, the Central Kingdom believes that only China is a sovereign country,
all other peripheral countries are vassal states.
These other states must pay tribute.
This principle is known as "tianxia".
President Zi Jingping recently made the point that the United States is
NOT a sovereign country.
They do not recognise the 1648 Westphalian Treaty which defined what a
sovereign country means,borders government etc.

Hence the Sth China Sea attitude to others.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 2 August 2019 11:53:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy