The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Face App: recipe for ID theft > Comments

Face App: recipe for ID theft : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 19/7/2019

All of this, say the terms and conditions, applies in perpetuity. This should make even the most cloud-friendly AI advocate wary.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
There was something about this on A Current Affair (that's the one whose 'anchor' has gone on indefinite sulk leave because the #metoo viciousness she barracked for has hit another wall of justice with John Jarrat found with no case to answer).

As an old person, who wouldn't know what Instagram, Face App or most other apps are all about, I can say, "Who gives a stuff!". I certainly don't. I understand that there is nothing new about FaceApp anyway.

If there is a risk to 'privacy', stiff cheese. The nitwits seem to be enjoying taking pictures of themselves and broadcasting them to the world. And, oooh, the Russians are involved.

If this garbage is what the younger generations are concerned about (self-inflicted, mind) it's no wonder Australia and the rest of the West is going down the dunny
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 July 2019 10:52:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm mostly honest with most folk. But, some of the sites and apps want far more ID info than they need, consequently, and in some instances. I create a false persona for them. And a few passwords even the smartest con artist/com tech has trouble cracking?

As my dad said, when he taught me to drive, regard every other driver as a complete idiot, be ready to take evasive action and b aware of every escape route as you drive. Given the unpredictable nature of the idiots behind the wheel.

And if applied to the internet and the strange folk/con artists, who want to sell you stuff or provide a fake service or some such. giving them way too much information, helps them do just that.

Life on the internet is already like living in a goldfish bowl, without adding the IT equivalent of an Xray machine as well!

Privacy matters, but only, it would seem, to those who would rob you of yours!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 19 July 2019 10:54:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy