The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Has the ABC’s Four Corners passed its use-by date? > Comments

Has the ABC’s Four Corners passed its use-by date? : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 11/7/2019

Promoting favoured causes by ignoring inconvenient truths and/or alternative views is not true investigative journalism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The same can be said about the recent program on the Murray Darling Basin. The Four Corners Team simply do not understand the way water allocations are managed, or if they do the indictment is even worse, because the uninformed viewer could be excused for believing the totally biased. one sided presentation.

The MDB Plan may not be perfect, but it has resulted in a substantial reduction of water extracted from the system, and the new arrangements will have long term benefits for rural communities and the completely ignored, increased, valuable, future agricultural production from which all will benefit.
Posted by Ian McClintock, Thursday, 11 July 2019 8:30:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mark keeps side-stepping the 'mountain ash' issue: in my view he does not mention that of the reserved and non-reserved 'mountain ash forest types', most of it in Victoria is already gone.

So what he is claiming is that more than two thirds of the remnant mountain ash is reserved/unavailable for logging...

...two thirds of the little that remains.
Posted by Garry in Liffey, Thursday, 11 July 2019 8:47:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If any OLO contributors would like to recognise me in Sydney, I am the bloke driving a round in a silver Fortuna with my self made "ENEMY OF THE ABC" sticker on my rear window.

The ABC is a publicly funded left wing advocacy organisation. Either it abides by it's charter to be a source of unbiased news, or it should be abolished. My preference is that it should be abolished. I would just love to see all those lefty luvvies looking for a job in the privately owned industries which they hate
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 July 2019 9:17:05 AM
The entire ABC is well past (not 'passed') its use by date. But it should not be judged on the strength of the moaning of one industry. The recent exposure of the abominable Murray Basin rort, for instance, was excellent
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 July 2019 10:36:28 AM
The abc's gender/race politics is disgusting. Australia would lose little if the feminist dominated tax payer funded organisation was prevented from its marxist propaganda.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 July 2019 11:42:04 AM
I am in total agreement with Mark, particularly about the leadbeaters possum. The demise of large tracts of Mountain Ash is largely due to wild fires which kill young trees.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Thursday, 11 July 2019 11:59:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy