The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Welcome to the Glasshouse, where even Tim Minchin is afraid > Comments

Welcome to the Glasshouse, where even Tim Minchin is afraid : Comments

By Sonia Bowditch, published 24/6/2019

If you've said or done anything on the scale of remotely off-taste to glaringly stupid, you'll be raked over the coals for it. Even if it was when you were young and silly.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
But don't you understand, Sonia, that to criticise someone or their opinion, is to hate them ? There are absolutely right opinions, and anything else is hate.

I blame 'Play School'.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 24 June 2019 9:23:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are now so many people reporting Christophobia that it must be true or, the ‘reporters’ are expressing their own phobia by referring to third parties so they don’t have to say it themselves.

As for the PC condemnation, censoring and whining virtue-signalling, ignore it; stop talking about it and enabling enable the creeps trying to control you
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 June 2019 9:47:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A better question is; is social media adding an oblique view of opinion, or are people naturally oblique in their outlook and opinion?

I go for the latter.

I'm often astounded by opinion contrary to mine, in day to day life many times.
And isn't it all the easier to go along with the crowd? Why argue the point with someone who is locked into a stupid position?

How much of the “going opinion” on social media can be believed? I think opinion on social media platforms lack credibility and truth: But it certainly doesn't lack harm through manipulation by outside forces. It's a gaming device.

Yes, “teach your own children well”…it's your golden opportunity to manipulate their young minds before the current confused world catches them unawares. It's up to you entirely.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:19:34 AM
Martin Luther King jnr was not a champion of 'gay' rights. I wonder why his statues have not been removed. Identity politics stinks and I would like to think that it had a part to play in Labour's demise at the last election. The swamp needs draining.
Posted by runner, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:28:02 AM
It is false to believe that one person's opinion is as relevant as another person's opinion. Everyone's opinion is based on what a person is and what a person knows. Therefore some people's opinions are worth more than other people's opinions. For example, Tim Flannery's opinion on the impact of burning fossil fuels on the environment is worth much more than ScuMo's opinion on it because Flannery is a scientist with knowledge on ecology and environment whereas ScuMo is a politician with a low level of education outside of business and tourism. Problem is that most people (I reckon 85%) are similar to ScuMo in what they are and what they know and that results in very little being done to tackle a problem as big (and probably now unfixable) as climate change.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:50:16 AM
Anybody can make a mistake or just put mouth into gear before engaging brain/open mouth to change socks.

Mistakes are essential and often the only way we learn anything really really useful. the only time a mistake is bad is when compounded by repetition!

As we see in so many ideologically driven control freak pollies, without a new idea to bless themselves with.

Just an eternal insatiable lust for more and more power and control and a hapless prosecutable minority to target in their interminable, divide and rule strategies.

Public figures who stand up and speak for Joe average need to be applauded, not shouted down by the (greed is good and its handmaiden individualism) moribund/feminazis!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 24 June 2019 11:49:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy