The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What should be in Malaysia’s coming white paper on defence > Comments

What should be in Malaysia’s coming white paper on defence : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 21/6/2019

Malaysia has also been able to successfully maintain a balance between a competing China and the US in the region through a pseudo-non-alignment.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Singapore is quite strong militarily/no pushover and has allies willing to go the distance with them out of pure self-interest?

My bet is there may be some perceived mineral or gas reserve in the area that the Malaysian dictator would like to grab?

After all, under his regime, Malaysians "acquired" many formerly Chinese owned enterprises and this Leopard hasn't changed his spots, merely camouflaged them?

He should settle with Singapore amicably! Unless he wants a hostile potential Chinese ally on his southernmost border?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 21 June 2019 1:12:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I really couldn't care less what Malaysia's defence status is. Australian troops fought for Malaysia twice, during the "Konfrantasi" with Indonesia, and during the Malaysian "troubles" when the Chinese minority tried to take control of the country on behalf of Red China.

Ain't multiculturalism great?

All we ever got in return was a mouthful of lip from successive Malaysian leaders, so why the hell should we worry about them now? Red China can have the place with my blessing.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 21 June 2019 6:10:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Lego. Stuff Malaysia.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 22 June 2019 3:00:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy