The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Brexit: has Greg Sheridan actually noticed? > Comments

Brexit: has Greg Sheridan actually noticed? : Comments

By Arthur Dent, published 7/6/2019

I agree that it would be absurd to equate Johnson with Churchill at this or any other stage, which of course is precisely what Sheridan is doing.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Well, well, you might be proven right and he might be proven wrong? IT CAN HAPPEN!

Who gives a sh!te?

It seems to me that the Brits have just two obviously glaring choices to end this never-ending stalemate/save the furniture? And those are, an election now!

And or a second referendum where those who didn't bother last time get up off of their lazy lard asses and go vote!

When every boy and his dog have had their say, respect their decision or go to an early election! But hey, WTF would I know?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 7 June 2019 10:38:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So this doughnut doesn't like Greg Sheridan obviously. Whether this is jealousy or envy I don't know.
If the Conservative party do not effect Brexit they are finished! All the manoeuvring in the world will not get them out of this. Mr dunking donut dent should appreciate that most Brits (I was born there) have a stubborn streak and they will vote the party into oblivion, good! Farage could end up PM leading a party committed to his country rather than a bunch of Green bureaucrats driving it through the floor.
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 7 June 2019 12:36:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Donald Trump, not one to forget slights of the type he received from foreign governments at the time of his election - including the pseudo Tories he is currently visiting - has wasted no time in cheering on the Brexiteers when asked about May's hideously bad handling of Brexit.

He has put in a good word for Boris Johnson, but would prefer the real star, Nigel Farage, whose new party is well ahead of the Tories and Labor in popularity. He joined everybody else with intelligence by declaring May's performance on Brexit "stunk". She was declared the worst British Prime Minister in two centuries!

Good to see Trump settling up with some of his detractors - especially the ones who have made complete fools of themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 7 June 2019 4:12:04 PM
the swamp hate true democracy as shown by this article.
Posted by runner, Friday, 7 June 2019 5:30:10 PM
Every now and again one gets to read a really cringe worthy post.

Albert Langer (AKA Arthur Dent) seems to be infuriated that the Greg Sheridan has not recognised him as the new messiah, so much so that there is spittle on his monitor and broken keys on his keyboard.

The reality is that there is zero chance of the Conservative party calling an new election until the Brexit issue has been resolved for the obvious reason that most of them would be out of a job, and pretty much the same goes for a second referendum.

The reality is that Theresa May never wanted to Brexit and desperately wanted to remain in the common market. Combine this with the EU bureaucrats negotiating in bad faith to punish Britian for leaving, and we have a Brexit "Agreement" that so punitive that no one is prepared to accept it.

While the parliament has voted to approve any Brexit before it is implemented, the reality is that all Boris Johnson has to do is run down the clock and there will be Brexit by default.

My recommendation is that negotiations for a free trade agreement with the US, Canada, NZ and Australia are initiated so that the EU fat cats get a wake up call.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 10 June 2019 10:35:03 AM
Corporate media narratives say Theresa May has resigned as a failure.
I'm calling bs, I think she did an absolutely marvellous job
- At dragging it out and achieving absolutely nothing -

Just like she was supposed to;
for the Pro EU 'remain' stance she originally had prior to becoming PM.

- It's all a dog and pony show; wake up you morons -

(Probably what I said 2 years ago too)

I can't believe how dumb the majority of people must be to chow down on the garbage they serve up these days...

If people believe the news media narratives these days then honestly they'd be gullible enough to believe anything.

- And it goes without saying democracy is a total farce and we're all completely stuffed -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 13 June 2019 4:08:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy