The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The vendetta against Cardinal Pell > Comments

The vendetta against Cardinal Pell : Comments

By John Young, published 5/3/2019

I believe he is innocent and that the jury should certainly have brought in a verdict of not guilty.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

Dear David (VK3AUU),

You wrote :

« There is material evidence. It is the fact that because of the acts of Pell, a man has taken his life and the life of the witness himself has been affected »

You may be right David, but you have to be able to prove that there is a direct link of cause and effect between those three events that you mention : "the acts of Pell", "a man has taken his life" and "the life of the witness himself".

What evidence or proof is there ? Do you know if this was clearly demonstrated during the trial ?

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Thursday, 7 March 2019 11:14:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
voxUnius writes p6: "Ah-ha, you've been reading Karl Marx again, who wrote - "The idea of God is the keynote of a perverted civilization. It must be destroyed.""

One wonders where you may have discovered that I was committing plagiarism against Karl Marx. While I have a book reprinting some of his articles published in the New York Herald Tribune between 1853 and 1860, titled MARX ON CHINA in my own library, I've not had the time to read it. I profess a sparse acquaintance with Marx's works, I have never read, in an academic context, anything he has written.

Added to which, you are stretching credibility for your charge against me. I wrote, "This puppet-master is surely a deceiver, a sower of iniquity, a concept fully worthy of annihilation and purging from human memory." And when we compare my observation with Marx's it is obvious that they share a single word only. That word is "is". The fact that Marx and I share a similar opinion of theism and religion certainly cannot be held up as plagiarism, such an accusation has no merit whatsoever and smacks of frivolous puerile mischief on the part of the accuser.

Unequivocally, I reject your accusations of plagiarism and of unethical academic pursuits. Such accusations are baseless. Were you so deeply concerned with ethical conduct, you would display the good grace to withdraw your observations and apologise to readers for wasting space that could have been filled by other more worthy contributors.
Posted by Pogi, Friday, 8 March 2019 12:43:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

In case you missed it :

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/french-cardinal-convicted-of-failing-to-report-abuse-90545

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 8 March 2019 8:55:46 PM

"Children-check row shows Catholic church has ‘learned nothing’, says senator"

Here is another interesting article that appeared in "The Guardian" dated 8 March 2019 :

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/mar/08/children-check-row-shows-catholic-church-has-learned-nothing-says-senator?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlBVVMtMTkwMzA5&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayAUS&CMP=GTAU_email

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 10 March 2019 9:29:52 AM
Enoy your future 15 minutes of fame all you Holy Men, still at large, who grope kiddies.
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 10 March 2019 2:15:46 PM
That reminds me of a P.G. Wodehouse quote:

"I'm not absolutely certain of the facts,
but I rather fancy it's Shakespeare who
says that it's always just when a fellow
is feeling particularly braced with things
in general that Fate sneaks up behind him
with the bit of lead piping."
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 March 2019 3:56:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy