The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The vendetta against Cardinal Pell > Comments

The vendetta against Cardinal Pell : Comments

By John Young, published 5/3/2019

I believe he is innocent and that the jury should certainly have brought in a verdict of not guilty.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Pell had no chance.

It was as if he had, "I am the catholic church" tattooed across his forehead, & it was the church, not one individual member on trial.

I never expected to feel sorry for a high officer of any church, but a fair trial the man did not get.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 10 March 2019 6:58:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock? Good to see you back in the saddle.

You say "I never expected to feel sorry for a high officer of any church, but a fair trial the man did not get."

I'm wondering why you feel that? I assume you did not hear the evidence presented, nor the deliberations of the jury, nor would you have read the full judgement.

So pray tell how have you arrived at your erstwhile conclusion that a convicted abuser is innocent of all crimes?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 10 March 2019 7:06:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Even if his appeal is successful, his credibility is shot. He has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. You only need to go to the Archdiocese of Ballarat and talk to some of the ex pupils of St.Alipius to reinforce that conclusion.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 10 March 2019 7:27:29 PM
Foxy and David, Pell did not do it, but I don't doubt there are trolls in force on the net, spreading disinformation. Legal litigation is big business.
Posted by telfer, Friday, 15 March 2019 12:33:48 PM
When we agree to be a citizen of a country we agree to follow its laws and its systems.

George Pell was given a fair hearing and was found guilty. You don’t t have to to believe he is guilty, but he is in the eyes of the law and will serve time for the crimes he has been found guilty of!
Posted by Yatesy, Tuesday, 19 March 2019 3:53:41 AM
If Pell didn't get a fair trial, it's because the Catholic Church created an environment of very bad PR for him. They are to blame for all their problems, nobody else. Everyday Catholics have been shamefully silent about their Church's lack of action for victims. The Vatican refuses to give up its arrogance. And so it has made its bed, now its Australian Cardinal and Catholics must lie, and rot in it. We non-Catholics watch this with a satisfying, peaceful feeling of finally, justice.

Now to begin imprisoning all the other child abusing Catholic priests who have destroyed thousands of lives...
Posted by Forwardplease, Thursday, 21 March 2019 11:07:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy