The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why doesn’t it fit? How clothing size systems fail women > Comments

Why doesn’t it fit? How clothing size systems fail women : Comments

By Lisa Hackett, published 18/2/2019

For fashion designers and producers size labels are about aspiration

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The clothing size problem has existed only since most clothing was made in China. China is good at some things; appalling at clothing manufacturing.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 February 2019 10:09:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Buy any clothes or footwear online and we can guarantee much of it will not fit!

Why does clothing need to fit? Why do we need clothes? Why are we obsessed with hiding female nipples and not those of men? And why are some of us ashamed of pubic hair?

To the point, some of us can't have completely normal natural sex, unless this area is first shaved to resemble prepubescent adolescence. The real object of the defoliation? Why, why, why?

tAre we sick or something? Why can't we just all get by inside our skins? Or in cooler climes, a loose fitting kaftan? And sandals or slippers.

The answer to the question? The fashion industry and gormless giggling gerties. And (rag trade) quadrillions!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 18 February 2019 12:27:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speaking as a Size 0 male, with real biceps, this little tale is a cinch.

Sizes are weighted towards very thin Female "B" fantasies to encourage B to buy clothes (from Shop "A") that are too small/tight.

Then once home, after wearing these tight clothes for a coupla weeks, B is back down to Reality. Now with no next day return warranty B returns to Shop A to buy even more clothes - this time the embarrassingly right size.

So its all a retail tactic to get B (and woman in general) to buy more clothes.

Also planned obsolescence (Making clothes go in and out of this year's "Fashion") is another way to sucker woman into buying too many clothes.

Here's my (ideal) Size 0 gal shopping http://youtu.be/1_TZEsUhXRs

Sooo many woman wish they were her...
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 18 February 2019 2:33:54 PM
A touchy subject with me !
I used to always have trouble with shirt sleeve lengths.
I used to berate the shop assistants with, " how would we get on if
the shoe industry was like the clothing industry ?"
Then I discovered a brand that had different lengths, paradise !
Bisley I think it was, but then they stopped it.

Pants are my current pet hate, I always have to get them shortened.
There was a time when you could walk into Fletcher Jones and get
shirts and pants and everything else and they would fit.
On the odd occasion that they failed they would get the factory to
make it and have it in the shop in two days, or deliver it to your door.

Immagine that ! My sons do not believe it !

Shoes however are another whinge of mine.
Yesterday was shopping for a casual type shoe just for everyday wear
for use in my workshop, shopping etc, nothing fancy.
Went to three shops and nothing anywhere near fitted all too narrow.
Plenty of shoes around $60, even less but none fitted.
Bought a pair of Hush Puppies for $159.
Almost a good fit. Slightly too big.
Patheti
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 18 February 2019 2:45:20 PM
THE BIG ADVANTAGE OF STANDARDS IS;
THERE ARE PLENTY TO CHOOSE FROM !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 18 February 2019 2:47:00 PM
If mums or school taught their daughters to sew they could do a few adjustments. Just a thought. Certainly better than brainwashing them with all the transgender garbage.
Posted by runner, Monday, 18 February 2019 2:51:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy