The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A current mantra and the envy of Jesus > Comments

A current mantra and the envy of Jesus : Comments

By Ray Barraclough, published 18/7/2018

They are repeated like a fundamentalist chorus or mantra: The politics of envy and class warfare.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
[Deleted for abuse]
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 July 2018 9:49:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't see any point to this article. Certainly nothing to make Alan B go berserk.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 9:56:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suggest Dr Ray campaign against the idiotic renewables path resulting in ridiculous electricity prices if he is concerned about the 'poor' in this country. I mean with record cold weather and heating and cooling costs at ridiculous levels one has to question the sanity of our Government. All this while China, India, the US and others make us look like fools. Maybe also the billions wasted on the Indengenous industry could be used to help those in need.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 10:43:49 AM
Don't be silly Runner.

Without the Indigenous industry there would be nothing to keep tens of thousands totally useless bureaucrats employed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 1:29:54 PM
I will think of Jesus..every time I see his representatives on Earth, the Vatican, use their millions to influence politics and escape accountability rather than change things for the poor in the third-world countries where they preach.

And his followers, who vote for leaders who discriminate against minority populations and are exclusive and focused only on individual wealth for themselves rather than have any sense of global responsibility.

Jesus must be so proud of the above.
Posted by Forwardplease, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 1:47:17 PM
Apologize for fo earlier uncalled for remark, and withdraw. The politics of envy is in my view, based on a false premise. A cop-out and assumption built on presumption without foundation.

A quite massive misrepresentation, I believe, not worthy of anyone claiming Christian values as foundational.

Entirely unnecessary biased judgement based on fact-free personal belief and what you would do if stood in the other's shoes?

And says more about the Author and his personal values, I believe, than those he points his judgemental finger at?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 July 2018 1:48:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy